Southern Yellow Heart Pine

parispete

New User
Pete
Does anyone out there know of a lumber yard near the Va-NC boarder that deals with Southern Yellow Heart Pine- Longleaf? I saw a site the other day and cannot find it again, but it had 10" wide SYP heart wood for $ 0.75 LF. I thought I bookmarked it but did not. anyway, I have build several pieces of furniture from it and I want to put it in my house as flooring. it is hard to find in Pennsylvania and people do not know of it as a furniture wood anyway.

bbrown

Bill
User
Cannot help, but …..

I'm doing a SYP 750 SF floor in Maine and it's quite expensive to get there. Your buy looks very good.
I've used SYP to build a boat: A repro Strawbery Banke Dory (that's how it's spelled) which is now tied to the Susan B. Constant, which came over with the Mayflower, in Jamestown Harbour.

Hjanes

Harlan
User
Don Williams reported satisfaction with the SYP he bought at Virginia Frame in Fishersville, VA for a Nicholson Bench he was making. A year or so earlier he mentioned great satisfaction with an Amish sawmill in "southern Maryland" for SYP but gave no more contact details. I don't know if he's a member of this forum nor do I have contact info for Don.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS