Source needed for glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie s

New User
Charles
I have need to find a source for some glass for flag cases. The person I'm making the cases for has requested uv glass to prevent the flags from fading; I've been unable to find a source for this type of glass in a small quantity. I'll probably buy enough glass for around 12 cases, so it's a relatively small order. My usual source for glass says that they can only get uv glass if I buy a case, way more material and expense than I need.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Charlie

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
I really don't know squat about glass, but I think some of the window mfgr's use regular glass and coat it with some type of UV inhibitor. I think I've also seen UV inhibiting film for glass.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Did you try Michaels? I know they do pictures, they may be able to get you a piece that will fit your needs.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Have you tried framingsupplies.com? They carry uv blocking glass and have a small minimum order requirement. Other than that, UV blocking plexiglass may be an alternative -doesn't look as good though. And this is judt an idea: polycarbonate is generally uv coated for greenhouses and it comes in nice big sheets (3x3 to 4x4). Lots of greenhouse suppliers sell the clear (NOT the twinwall version) in smaller quantities.

Good Luck!
Bernhard

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You can get UV stuff for glass from Lowes if that is an option. You could buy standard glass and just add the film. I tried it on a big window and did ok but for a small piece of glass it would be pretty easy. My .02

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I know that due to geography, this doesn't help you very much Charlie, but for others sake...
I've had really good luck with Action Garner glass on Old Jenks Rd in Apex. I took the whole top to my bar there and left it with them. They cut a piece to fit in the recess that I had created. Nice folks, good price, good product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS