source for turquoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

don knowles

New User
don
I am a relative newbie and am considering making a lamp base out of a burl. I have heard of liquid turquoise and am wondering if that would be a good idea. The burl has a number of open areas on the top and sides--one area on top may be as large as a baseball.

Thanks--don

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
INLACE is a product that is a polymer type of liquid, that is mixed with dry, powdered minerals. Mix it together and apply it where you wish, then allow to dry. It can then be turned, sanded, and polished. The dry minerals come in a variety, like copper, brass, turquoise, etc. I purchased a kit @ the Charlotte Woodworking Show, planning to use it on boxes. I'll get to it someday...I hope. Do a GOOGLE search for INLACE.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I am a member of the Piedmont Triad Woodturning club. Our club meets on the 2nd tuesday of each month in Greensboro (check the web site for time, location and directions). The club offers Turquoise and many of the members use it quite often in turning projects. We have had several demonstrations at meetings using in-lay materials. The cost is generally less than internet prices as the club buys in bulk and repackages the material.

don knowles

New User
don
Thanks to you all. Will take a good look tomorrow and see what fits my needs. Seems like I want a clear kit plus ground up mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS