Source for Prefinished maple/birch ply - Goldsboro area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Hi folks,

Hope someone can help me out. I'm trying to help a friend that's in the Goldsboro area. He's getting ready to start building Kitchen Cabinets. I'd really like if he could find some pre-finished plywood out that way. It could be eith birch, or maple. It's just going to be for the cabinet boxes.

And if any one knows the price, and rating (B-2, A-1, etc) of the specific product, that would really help too - But beggars can't be choosers, right??

Thanks for any suggestions
Gregory

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Greg, hopefully someone can offer a closer suggestion but the Wurth Wood Group in Raleigh would have it.

cheryllewis

New User
cheryl
Hi folks,

Hope someone can help me out. I'm trying to help a friend that's in the Goldsboro area. He's getting ready to start building Kitchen Cabinets. I'd really like if he could find some pre-finished plywood out that way. It could be eith birch, or maple. It's just going to be for the cabinet boxes.

And if any one knows the price, and rating (B-2, A-1, etc) of the specific product, that would really help too - But beggars can't be choosers, right??

Thanks for any suggestions
Gregory
Tell him to contact The Hardwood Store of NC. We stock birch and can get the maple. The birch prices are on-line. We will probably being doing eastern NC deliveries with the next 10 days or so, if not sooner.

www.hardwoodstore.com

Thanks.
Cheryl

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
I've gotten great prices on imported prefinished at:

Meyer Deco
1413 Transport Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27603 919-661-6678

They do deliver but I don't know how far

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Greg: I use Horizon Forest Products for all my pre finished Maple and regular ply. Angela or Dave are the 2 folks I deal with most often. They are right off 64 just b4 u get on 440.
They do deliver, I can assure u of that :}:}

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
Tell him to contact The Hardwood Store of NC. We stock birch and can get the maple. The birch prices are on-line. We will probably being doing eastern NC deliveries with the next 10 days or so, if not sooner.

www.hardwoodstore.com

Thanks.
Cheryl

Is the maple the same price as the birch? I need a bunch of 3/4 and 1/2 for my kitchen. And how's the birch's grain pattern? I have a couple cabinets where the plywood will show and don't want wacky grain!

Skymaster

New User
Jack
gdoebs: I suggest both pre fin Maple and 1/2 UNFINISHED Maple rather than birch. I bought my last batch about a month ago and the maple was CHEAPER than birch! NO grain issues with maple either

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
gdoebs: I suggest both pre fin Maple and 1/2 UNFINISHED Maple rather than birch. I bought my last batch about a month ago and the maple was CHEAPER than birch! NO grain issues with maple either

Thanks, did you get yours at The Hardwood Store?

Skymaster

New User
Jack
g; No Horizon is my supplier, much closer to me, their hardwoods are also pretty darn nice,they dont give em away but prices seem fair. depending on your quantity and if u make urself into a contractor, they do deliver.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I just called about knotty pine ply - they don't have it prefinished although they do have it in both 3/4 an 1/4".

Glennbear

Glenn
Definitely showing my ignorance here but could someone define "prefinished" plywood ? :dontknow: The only prefinished material I have used was MDF shelving and that had a paint type coating on it. :wsmile:

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Glenn: KNOT ignorance just a product u havent used :gar-Bi What it is is a factory applied water clear UV finish. Hard as nails, washable with lacq thinner if u desire :rotflm: It is used heavily for cabinetmaking. Fantastic for having a completely finished interior with zero xtra labor. PLUS the difference in cost is only about 20 bucks for both sides. With one side pre fin the unfinished side is normally stain quality, so you can finish the outside anyway u want and have a pre finished natural Maple interior. I luv the stuff

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
I just called about knotty pine ply - they don't have it prefinished although they do have it in both 3/4 an 1/4".

I bought a bunch of the knotty pine ply 5 years ago to build an entertainment center for a friend. It turned out great. That ply was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS