Source for Melamine

UncleJoe

Joe
Senior User
I live near Washington NC and I need a few sheets of melamine for some shop cabinets. The closest source I can find is the Jacksonville Home depot. which is 52 miles away. I like melamine for shop cabinets because its cheap, fast, no finishing and in my use it has held up well. I know its not the best material for some projects but for what I am working on it is perfect. Does anyone know of a supplier that is closer to me.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
First, forget the crap that HD sells. You need to go to a cabinet supplier, as an example, Wurth in Raleigh (919-231-6620.) Check with Wurth, and see if their truck services your area. Be aware that they stock 5 X 9 sheets, not the 4X8 stuff that the BORGs carry. Get some of their assembly screws for your cabinets. No predrilling required

Last edited:

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
Last time I checked w/Wurth the were requiring a minimum yearly business account of $5000. They were no longer selling to the general public. Hoping that has changed as I used them frequently for sourcing these sorts of items.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Might give horizon forest products a shout. I don't know if they sell to the public or not.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Last time I checked w/Wurth the were requiring a minimum yearly business account of $5000. They were no longer selling to the general public. Hoping that has changed as I used them frequently for sourcing these sorts of items.
That business model makes no sense to me.

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
That business model makes no sense to me.
I agree. My memory was a bit off. Went back and looked at my original post from Dec 2021. I called them for a price check they told me they had shifted (as of August, 2021) to a wholesale model that requires accounts spend $500/mo on average. I might spend that much in a year. Haven't checked since. Maybe this has changed.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
I can confirm that Wurth, in Charlotte at least, doesn't want to bother with what they consider smaller purchases. I have had an account set up with them like 3 times over the years. I needed material in spurts so would go to load up and they would say the account had been deleted since it wasn't used for a month or two. A couple years or so ago I was told that it didn't look good on their records if the higher ups saw that some accounts weren't buying a lot. But the guy behind the desk said he would give me the better prices. Then a year or so ago we went for material for a project and started looking at the inventory and an employee came over and basically just told us to leave that they only sell to their preferred customers.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS