Source for Maple-look Melamine near Raleigh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuprousworks

Mike
User
Anyone know where to find light wood-grained color melamine sheets? Want to add a couple of shelves to existing kitchen cabinets with shelves, and we can only find white. LOML would like them to all be wood-toned and I'm trying to get out of finishing veneered plywood ;) Capital City Lumber doesn't show any on their website, Hardwood Store shows only Melamine without description of color.
Thanks,
Mike

Jeff

New User
Jeff
A few pictures of what you have now would be helpful but kitchen cabinets are usually closed and no one notices if the shelves match very well.

Anyone know where to find light wood-grained color melamine sheets? Want to add a couple of shelves to existing kitchen cabinets with shelves, and we can only find white. LOML would like them to all be wood-toned and I'm trying to get out of finishing veneered plywood ;) Capital City Lumber doesn't show any on their website, Hardwood Store shows only Melamine without description of color.
Thanks,
Mike

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Wurth on Poole Road stocks it. They have some funky sales hours, so call ahead. They also stock prefinished maple plywood

Cuprousworks

Mike
User
Thanks to all. Horizon and Wurth are a bit of a haul and difficult to get there during retail hours. No Rugby Supply in town, but they look pretty impressive. I may have to call the Hardwood Store or check them out over the weekend.
Mike
Chapel Hill

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Hardwood Store shows only Melamine without description of color.

It's probably white sold only in 4 x 8 sheets. You can call or email them and ask if they can special order a light grained colored melamine sheet for you.

What's wrong with finishing veneered plywood to meet your specifications and color?

Cuprousworks

Mike
User
Hi Jeff, you're right, real maple ply would work. I'll admit to being a little lazy, this is a honey-do item, as you noted earlier for the most part unseen. I'm try to skate with the lowest average cost and effort close enough to satisfy my wife...

Interestingly, there's a vendor on Amazon that cuts any size shelves. Not cheap, and as you expect, crazy shipping costs.
Mike

luckyGoose

New User
Yogi
I bought some maple (I think it's maple, looks like it) veneer if you're interested. I got them from a person that was moving and just wanted to get rid of them, and I have no use for them. Please message me at 857 998 9222 If you're interested and I'll send you pictures.

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
Mike, We added several shelves to our natural colored maple cabinets. You may be able to order the exact melamine shelves you need from your original cabinet supplier or possibly any cabinet shop.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Mikehow many shelves and what size? Have have some small pieces of 3/4 Maple ply i can part with if youjust need a couple shevles

Cuprousworks

Mike
User
Thanks, all - Bobby g fixed me up along with the gift of a shop tour and really interesting conversation. The generosity of spirit here never fails to amaze me!
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS