source for cheap hose clamps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazzer

Gazzer
Corporate Member
I need 10 or so 4" hose clamps for what will probably be a single use project. HD has them for about $1.50 each. Anyone have a source in the Triangle area for less expensive ones? I have not been over to Harbor Freight, but their web site shows only smaller ones. It would be great if I could find them at less than half a buck apiece. They'll be gunked up with epoxy and thus will most likely be thrown away when I am done.

Thanks

-G

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Ten times a buck fifty each equills $15 plus tax. How far could you drive if you bought them for $0.50 each, using four bucks a gallon fuel?

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
How about some of the really big and thick Cable Ties sold in the HVAC section at Lowe's/HD?

gazzer

Gazzer
Corporate Member
Ten times a buck fifty each equills $15 plus tax. How far could you drive if you bought them for $0.50 each, using four bucks a gallon fuel?
+1 on this. A trip to Raleigh could easily exceed the cost of shipping. I find myself doing more and more shopping on the internet.

I will be off next week and planned to bolster my mileage log, so any resource within 20 miles will be by bike.

-G

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Nice!

I've never tried hollow spars.
That birds' mouth technique is way cool.
Is it a straight taper?

Looks like you got good advice over on the Woodenboat site.

I've had good luck wrapping long glue ups with split bicycle tubes.
Sounds like you might have some around, if not buy cheap ones and cut them up.
epoxy doesn't stick to them

Might be good to even the pressure between your hose clamps.

FlyingRon

Ron
Last time I was in lowes buying clamps they had a cute little t-handled torque/socket wrench for tightening them (can't pass up getting a new tool).

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Rather than buy cheap one that may cause grief get the good ones and slip them in a piece of tubing or rubber hose. cut a flap on the end and fold it over before you slather on the epoxy. When you are done you will still have good clamps that can be reused for DC pipe or whatever.:thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors