Source for 5/4 or 8/4 Bloodwood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob.nester

New User
Rob
I reached out to them today and getting more than 4/4 is unlikely there. They were nice enough to give me a referral to another source however. It's just a drive.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Hard to find in 5/4 or 8/4.

Maybe consider laminating 4/4 x 2 = 8/4. :dontknow:

Another option. 4/4 Bloodwood on BB ply as a backer.

KHageman

New User
Ken
Not sure if you are still looking for Bloodwood, but World Timber in Hubert, NC carries 8/4 as well as Advantage Lumber in Grover, NC. Best price is at World Timber and they are great people. Just don't mention I recommended them or they will charge you double!!!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Bloodwood has an interesting smell, sort of like cinnamon when turning it, but I sure hate trying to cut it on a scroll saw. The blade really gums up after a couple of minutes. Beautiful stuff, but dense and full of resins. :nah:

JJsWoodShop

New User
JJ
West Penn Hardwoods. I just went there today and they have the Bloodwood, in the size, you are looking for.

https://www.westpennhardwoods.com/default.aspx

I love this place. It used to be located in Olean, NY but re-located to Conover (just outside Hickory, NC) on June 15th. Today was my first trip there since the re-location and I bought some good wood. I bought Bloodwood, Jicarillo, Jobillo, Canarywood, Tulipwood, Redheart, Bubinga, Cocobolo, Honduran Rosewood, Granadillo, Kingwood and Dalmata. Everytime I go there I find new species of wood I have never heard of.

I would definitely consider West Penn Hardwoods.

JJsWoodShop

New User
JJ
IMG_5241[1].jpg

This is just what I bought today. I stuck to the side of the warehouse that contains all of the turning stock - and there is literally a warehouse of exotic woods for turning stock. The other warehouse has the same woods but it is milled into dimensional lumber. They have all dimensions of everything - the biggest I have purchased is about 8/4 quarter sawn white oak but I believe they have it thicker than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS