SOSS hinge - how do I remove press fit

Ralrick

New User
Rick
I was doing a test fit on some soss hinges and thought I was done. Unfortunately, I got the shape well fit but didn’t quite have it deep enough. Now I need to figure out a way to remove the hinge without damaging the walnut case? Anyone done this before and have a good idea how to remove?
The picture isn’t too clear but I think you can see it is slightly raised on the left side of the hinge but I can’t find a way to remove the hinge now without damaging the wood?
50D2CE39-40C0-4A10-A103-994240421ECF.jpeg

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
I would try to partially thread 2 screws, or bolts of the same diameter, and pull out from the protruding portion of the screw/ bolt head.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
I did get it out. Used a piece of sheet metal to protect the edge and then mounted the other side of the hinge in a scrap piece of wood using screws. Was then able to pry out on both sides. I think it bent the hinges but save the wood. Live and learn ......

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
You can do what they suggested, but you can also try spraying the hinge with the canned dust off air. It will bring the steel temp down to shrink it and help in removing.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS