Status
Not open for further replies.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Reply to: sale-909402641@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-11-10, 2:23PM EST

This model includes :
• 5" x 16" extruded aluminum drum, self-cooling, precision machined and balanced
• Drum operates at 1725 RPM
• Continuous duty motor offers the advantages of heavier use for longer periods of time.
• Precision flattened reinforced steel conveyor bed
• "No-give" power feed conveyor belt.
• TensionRollers, zinc-plated steel infeed and outfeed rollers mount next to the drum. Height and downward pressure are adjustable
• 1/16" per turn height adjustment
• Height adjustment handle allows radical height changes, while also allowing minute adjustments for extremely precise sanding thickness control
• An infinitely-variable feed rate of 0-10 feet per minute for surface, dimension, and finish sanding
• Mandatory dust collection for all models. 400-600 CFM recommended
• Minimal assembly required
• Drum ball bearings are sealed and permanently lubricated
Standard Equipment
• One abrasive strip, 80 grit
• One 100 grit abrasive conveyor belt
• TufTool
• Trackers
• Metal stand with shelf
• One box of ready-to-wrap abrasives
• 4" dust port
Sanding Capacity
Maximum Width (in): 32
Minimum Length in): 2-1/4
Maximum Thickness (in): 3
Minimum Thickness (in): 1/32
Dimensions (HxWxD/in): 18 x 23 x 32
Drum (in): 5 x 16 extruded aluminum
Drum Speed (RPM): 1725
Drum Bearings (in): 1" (2 quantity)
Dust Cover
(plastic, diameter/in): 4 diameter dust port for use with dust collector 43 in.-lb torque, direct drive D.C. motor, Infinitely variable feed rate of 0-10'/min
Motor (TEFC): 1-1/2 HP, 1700 RPM, 110-120C, 60 Hz, 14 amp, 1 Ph continuous-duty, overload protection

Additional Accessories include: Casters, In & outfeed table extensions, and a "poly" drive belt. These accessories alone are valued @ over $300.00. Please see attached pictures. Call 704-246-7205.
1fd12114a3n63mf3o48b7f159700068a01ee3.jpg
11c1211373nd3m23l08b708d1e514bc9e1cf8.jpg
1131fc1373k13me3oc8b797bf59f5412d1b3b.jpg

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 909402641

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/tls/909402641.html

As usual, Not mine, no one I know.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Probably a little bit. I was thinking of a different one that new is about $1200. Well okay maybe not... Brand new at WC with the In/out table casters it is a little over $1300. I guess it depends on the age and how many hours it got on it. Who knows they might come off some.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
considering a 22-44 has recently been found for $500, yeah, this seems a little rich.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Wow that's nice to see you can get them down that cheap. I thought that was a pretty good price guess I was wrong. What's the difference between this one and the 22-44. I would assume the width by the numbers. Is there a power difference.

This is why I love this site. It helps keep my pricing in check, among MANY other things.

Rob

New User
Rob
Wider, don't know about power. But I've seen the 16" go for around $400. Not often. Seems like this guy is trying to recoup the cost of his accessories, and IMH opinion, accessories are something you eat the cost of.

My rule of thumb has always been, on used equipment, close to half what it is brand new. That's adjustable depending on how bad I want it and condition. But much more then half, I figure I might as well save a little longer and buy it new, have a place to return it to if needed.

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Man I wouldn't mind getting one that cheap. I try and live by the 50% rule for used stuff as well depending on age and use and how well it was kept up. I guess he is trying to recoupe the cost of the accessories.

I learn something everyday. Today I learned that this is not a good price. I think I may have actually been thinking of the 22" but even still that wouldn't be that great of a price considering it is $1300 new.

I still want it though. :)

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
It never hurts to shoot him an email with your offer. All they can say is no. And if they don't get any offers for the price they are asking you might be in luck.

I like the 1/2 price rule too, but sometimes the accessories do add a little value.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I think that we may see more of these coming around. The new Jet 22-44, coming soon, is oscillating. On top of the regular movement it also has a 1" stroke. The MSRP is supposed to be $1995. So I see upgrades in the future.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Nice.. Hopefully we will see more of them coming down the line. I don't need the latest a greatest. That is unless I win the lottery or have a rich uncle that I don't know about then it's all the best and tools I don't even need.:rotflm:

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I had this unit with all these extras. I sold it here for $650 with extra sand paper thrown in. This isn't a bad price. I am not sure how many people will upgrade to the new ones from Jet. I know I wouldn't have done it. Jet will probably sell most of them to people that have been thinking of making the purchase. Most people do not use this machine that often. Just my 2 cents.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS