Somehimers and age

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Not sure if this falls into somehimers CRS (cant remember S**t) age or all three.

I needed to use my Track saw today to rip down some ply for drawers. Since I moved, I tried to keep all my things in order. Anyway, Get the tracks out and I cannot find to connecting bars, I look and look but to no avail, I look on the back of track, in my tool boxes...nothing.
Ok, Ill make some. So I got some ebony and some set screws and made some. Fit like a glove I put them in and tightened the 1st one down and looked up in the channel...... 0_o ... yep there they are ! the connecting bars slid to the center and locked in right where I first looked and didn't see them. Oh well, now I have a back up I guess. Sometimes, you just got to laugh.

.........Like I said ....... age or something

Attachments

• connector (1).jpg
    connector (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 137
  • connector (2).jpg
    connector (2).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 145

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
HEY! I resemble that remark!
I was hunting for something last week and gave up... This weekend looking for something else - it was right there on the shelf in a box that I swear I looked in....

Oh, Squirrelo_O

Reactions: Oka

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Another victim of CRS. It gets worse. The only blessings is you forget what you forgot. :rolleyes:

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
That's what you call CRS or Sometimers?

I thought it was going to be about using ebony instead of a piece of oak.

If it applies OSR (Over Sixty Rules) grant immunity.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
I needed some #8 screws 1" long. I knew I had a box so I went to get some and couldn't find the box. Looked everywhere and no success. So I went to HD and bought a box. Brought it home and decided to put it on the shelf and right next to the box I couldn't find. Now I have two boxes of #8 screws 1" long.

Roy G

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Its happened to me also. It also happens to my wife. Sometimes I'll find the missing object and put it somewhere obvious like the kitchen table near the salt and pepper shakers. That was fun for a while but now days, she'll just say, "OK, where did you find it?"

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Well, Mike I did mention a long time back I bought a bunch of wood from a cabinet shop that closed. As such, I have a lot of 2 ft pieces of a bunch of random woods. All exotic, so whenever I can use it might as well.

Makes you wonder where he is (in Hawaii) ebony is cheaper than oak?

mpeele

michael
User
I use my search time to clean out and organize. I use the rule of 25, if I haven't used it in 25 years or can't remember when I use it, its out.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Just yesterday I went to change the low beam bulb in my truck. I had already bought a new bulb. I opened the hood, looked at the front lens to orient myself with which bulb I was to remove then promptly removed the high beam. I discovered the new bulb didn't fit and drove to the auto parts store with old and new bulb in hand. The guy at the store quickly put my in my place and knew exactly what I did. He helped me change the low beam and I was on my way! DOH

• Haha

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just yesterday I went to change the low beam bulb in my truck. I had already bought a new bulb. I opened the hood, looked at the front lens to orient myself with which bulb I was to remove then promptly removed the high beam. I discovered the new bulb didn't fit and drove to the auto parts store with old and new bulb in hand. The guy at the store quickly put my in my place and knew exactly what I did. He helped me change the low beam and I was on my way! DOH
Despite the embarrassment of the situation, stores like that deserve my loyalty.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS