Some Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Last week, I bought a 100' polyuratheane hose from HD. It's the Amflo brand, and comes with a 4 year warranty. To get replacement under warranty, you need both ORIGINAL sales receipt, and original packaging. I know I'm going to keep that piece of cardboard and banding for four years. Yeah, right next to empty caulk tubes and receipts, some of which I'll need for 50 years.

RickC

New User
Rick
Last week, I bought a 100' polyuratheane hose from HD. It's the Amflo brand, and comes with a 4 year warranty. To get replacement under warranty, you need both ORIGINAL sales receipt, and original packaging. I know I'm going to keep that piece of cardboard and banding for four years. Yeah, right next to empty caulk tubes and receipts, some of which I'll need for 50 years.

Would serve them right, if indeed you DID have to make a warranty claim, and actually provided what they asked for. My sister-in-law saves the receipts and anything else she needs for those bazillion hour CFL bulbs. So far she has been able to get replacements because of that! Can just imagine the head of some clerk as she produces receipts for light bulbs gone bad!! :gar-La;

Mr. Bill

New User
Bill Hinds
Having been a retail manager and trainer I can tell you that, as shocking as it may seem, there are actually people who will buy new, try to return the old under warranty and have a net cost of zero! That's somewhat like buying a tool for a job and then returning it, not because it is faulty or did not meet expectations, but because the job is done!!

These are some of the reasons for increased cost and for the requirement to "keep" the paper.

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
Having been a retail manager and trainer I can tell you that, as shocking as it may seem, there are actually people who will buy new, try to return the old under warranty and have a net cost of zero! That's somewhat like buying a tool for a job and then returning it, not because it is faulty or did not meet expectations, but because the job is done!!

These are some of the reasons for increased cost and for the requirement to "keep" the paper.

I worked for a shop in Raleigh many years ago that had a few problems with people bringing in shoplifted goods for a refund. Even had some returned clothing that hadn't even been put out on the shelves yet.

Paint warranties were aways my favorite. First you have to proove the failure was due to the paint and not improper preparation. If you could do that you could get a new gallon of paint (which still had to be applied).

cpw

Charles
Corporate Member
We have an expanding file where we keep receipts, warranties, instructions, etc. I actually held on to the cardboard packaging for a toilet seat we bought - just in case. Well, "just in case" happened. So I contacted the company. In order to make a claim I had to send them the seat at my own expense and they would send me a coupon to put toward a new seat.
"Can't you send me the coupon and I'll mail the old seat when I get a new one."
"That's not our policy. We have to verify that the original seat failed before we can issue a claim."
"So what am I supposed to do for a toilet seat while I wait for the coupon?"
Looong pause. "I'm not sure sir."
"Thanks for nothing. I will NEVER buy one of your products again." Click.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Speaking of warranties... I have a few PTP deck boards that cracked because of pith in the board. Anyone have an idea what the warranty is for pressure treated pine? I'm fixing to pull the little tag off the end of a board and do some research.

lottathought

New User
Michael
I remember the warranty that was attached to a Coleman Duffel bag I purchased years ago.

"We Warranty this product for Life.
No fine print. We just want you to be happy with your bag."

I still have that bag and think, to this day, that is the best warranty I ever saw.
I never had to use that warranty...but I thought a lot more about Coleman after seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS