Some progress on the router table!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
I just played around with mine, and the insert fits just fine, seems perfectly flush. I can see how a bit of debris on the lip could keep it from locking down, though. One thing I did notice is you have to turn the insert counterclockwise to lock it down... seems backwards.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Dang Monty youa re knocking it out with shop projects here lately. I will be glad when I can get in the shopand finish up some of my stuff. Great work man. Truly impressive.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
It does seem backwards. I thought it was just me. Handle is hard to get to pop out at times as well. I regularly think I am going to break it trying to get it to pop loose.

sapwood

New User
Roger
D L Ames said:
Monty, like I mentioned last night.....you must have a little engineer in you.:icon_thum

D L
Methinks he is a hybrid: little engineer and penguin :mrgreen:

Sapwood

Monty

New User
Monty
OK, a quick update... over the past week I have put a face frame on and made the smaller drawers:

IMG_2177.jpg

Instead of a "false face" and wasted space like the NYW plans called for, I made a small drawer to put in the top space with room to store wrenches, insert rings, setup blocks, etc:

IMG_2176.jpg

I have room for 118 1/2" bits, and about 100 1/4" bits:

IMG_2175.jpg

:cool:

Still to do: Make the door, large drawer, and dust collection. I also have a switch to install.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
That small selection of bits looks lonely, you need to spend some time shopping so you can fill the drawers. :mrgreen:

Nice work Monty!

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
My what nice drawers you have there Monty.:lol: Steve is right though.......you really do need to fill all those empty voids. :eusa_thin Do they even make 118 different profiles in 1/2" shanks?:lol:

D L

Monty

New User
Monty
I'm workin' on filling them holes as fast as I can!!! :p Gotta wait for woodcraft to have some more of them $5 bits! :lol:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Now Insom, you know those are not top quality bits. It just so happens Woodcraft is having a sale on CMT bits in stock for 25% off. Just ride on up there and get some of those that you think you will need.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS