Some pipe/ industrial furniture

lastgoodusername

New User
lastgoodusername
Just finished these up for my daughter. Hope you like them. Not really much woodwork , but I think they turned out well. The small one is a printer stand.
3.jpg
3.jpg
7.jpg
IMG_20200707_081427.jpg

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
That's the kind of furniture you need if you have kids. They can beat on it and you don't care.

That would make good dorm/frat house furniture too.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
did you double the top on the large table? it looks thicker, may also be different material.
the plies look fewer and thicker?

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Also where did you source the metal parts? a friend found a cost effective source but its been a few years and I've lost it.
planning a couple of table bases at the moment

lastgoodusername

New User
lastgoodusername
The top is 2 pieces of 18mm / 3/4 inch . Amazon for the short nipples and the face plates. Longer pieces were cut and threaded by me.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
In the third pic, on the table to the rear, are the extra "L" pieces just decorative or functional?

I should add that I do like those pieces.

Last edited:

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
I like the looks and if your daughter is pleased, that is what really matters.

lastgoodusername

New User
lastgoodusername
In the third pic, on the table to the rear, are the extra "L" pieces just decorative or functional?

I should add that I do like those pieces.
They were done that way to brace the top a little more. I used them on the front and back.
I like the looks and if your daughter is pleased, that is what really matters.
She is over the moon. She has only saw pictures as she is in her last year of her Master's program at Wilmington and we live in Siler City.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Those are awesome, bullet proof .... Literally ........

Also, you can get alot of piping supplies like this from used building places, or even scrap yards, or fire sprinkler contractors, they always have a lot of drop off pieces of black or galvie pipe.
Further, if you want to limit the threading you can also use Propress fittings, you would need to rent or borrow a propress gun, but then you can just cut pipe to size and go.

FYI- if you are unfamiliar with this kind of tool- here is a link showing how it works, they have them for water, gas and air. The gas type are the ones that work with steel pipe. Milwaukee makes probably the best tool but they all work.

Propress demo

Last edited:

Bryan S

Bryan
Looks great, and gives me an idea about building a stand for my stereo equipment. With that bracing I can include record storage on a bottom shelf. Did you use galvanized or black pipe,and I assume you painted?

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Lowe's and HD have black pipe as do most plumbing supply places. McMaster has the flanges.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS