Some of my latest projects in work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
I have been playing with doing inlays using wood and also materials such as glitter mixed in epoxy. Here are a few of my in work projects.

These first 2 pictures are of one the backgammon boards I am building on commission. They are all 1/8th inch thick veneer on both sides over 1/4 baltic birch cores This one is made of Wenge with maple and glitter inlays and covered in a bar top finish.

These 2 are Birdeye maple inlayed with paduk on the playing surface and Paduk, bloodwood, purpleheart, Peruvian Walnut and turquoise inlace on the outside panel.

this last one is the top of a box I am building with a dragon inlayed in red glitter and finished with West system 3

It's been alot of fun using the laser to create art in wood.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
That is some cool work there, Brad!:icon_thum

Glad to see that you are giving the laser a good workout.

Wayne

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I like those, Brad. I find as I get older that I'm more interested in "mixed-media" work, w/ wood as the primary base.

Bill

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
Thanks Guys, funny that you sent me to that site Salem, I actually have a couple of those hinged folders laying here. I have been working on finding a good project to use them on. Bill, I am having a ball working on the mixed media stuff. I am working with an artist friend to incorporate inlaying original acrylic paintings into Jewelry boxes and furniture.

BKind2Anmls

New User
Susan
Those are the coolest tops I have ever seen! They are artistic and a little funky but would still be at home in an elegant room. Love 'em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS