Solid Wood Entry Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I want to replace the entry door to my home. It is typical 36" x 80"x 1.75". I want a solid 6-panel wood door with no windows. Anyone have a suggestion where to buy one in the Raleigh area?

HD and Lowes are terrible for this.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Even the doors that look like solid wood are solid core veneered doors.

you may have to get that custom built or make it yourself.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Quality doors at appwooddoors.com (828-437-4300) say hello to Kim if you call.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I want to replace the entry door to my home. It is typical 36" x 80"x 1.75". I want a solid 6-panel wood door with no windows. Anyone have a suggestion where to buy one in the Raleigh area?

HD and Lowes are terrible for this.
I could make one for you. What material are you wanting?

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
There are a some ads on Craigslist for doors. I picked up one from a seller in FV a while back and it was a good used door at a decent price.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Enter 704-663-7997 in Charlotte CL "Materials for Sale" for this listing. I bought from this seller when he was located in Mooresville. Very good deals. Good luck!

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I've made a few solid wood interior doors, never an exterior. The thing I would worry about in a solid wood door is keeping it straight. Even some of my "fake" solid wood doors in the current house (I didn't make them, just trimmed them) are not straight. Putting a clear skin over lower grade wood could help with stability but if they had used better wood for the inner layer, they probably would be straight.

So I would try and use quarter sawn wood if you can if you get a solid wood door. Certainly you do not want any irregular grain in the frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS