SOLD Shop Fox 1.5hp Contractor Table Saw

CarolinaBlueJacket

New User
BlueJacket
I just upgraded to a 3hp 240V Sawstop so I now have an extra tablesaw (life's problems...).

Curious if you guys think this is priced right, over priced or under priced? I can't seem to find a good reference. Also feel free to buy it if you want. :) Thanks so much.

Echd

C
User
I think it's a reasonable value and price but tablesaws are slow movers unless they're sawstops, unisaws, or powermatics, and most people will either want a smaller jobsite saw or a larger cabinet style saw unless the economic calculus is highly favorable. And while I don't look down on shop fox at all they aren't a name with a lot of glam, so it might sit due to that too.

It'll probably sell... just might take a while.

CarolinaBlueJacket

New User
BlueJacket
I think it's a reasonable value and price but tablesaws are slow movers unless they're sawstops, unisaws, or powermatics, and most people will either want a smaller jobsite saw or a larger cabinet style saw unless the economic calculus is highly favorable. And while I don't look down on shop fox at all they aren't a name with a lot of glam, so it might sit due to that too.

It'll probably sell... just might take a while.

I agree that Shop Fox is lesser known brand although it is a Grizzly which in itself is lesser known than the others you mentioned but still better known than Shop Fox. Thanks so much for the input. I am curious what others think about the price as you are probably better informed than I am.

holcombej

jim
User
I have the twin brother to this one except for the fence. Mine has the Shop Fox fence. It’s been a great saw. Took the legs off and built a rolling box for mine. The only real issue I’ve had, like all other saws built this way, is trying to close off the back side where the motor is to help with the dust control. Bought it on a whim several years ago and were the situation the same, would buy it again. I’m thinking you may be around 125 high.

CarolinaBlueJacket

New User
BlueJacket
I have the twin brother to this one except for the fence. Mine has the Shop Fox fence. It’s been a great saw. Took the legs off and built a rolling box for mine. The only real issue I’ve had, like all other saws built this way, is trying to close off the back side where the motor is to help with the dust control. Bought it on a whim several years ago and were the situation the same, would buy it again. I’m thinking you may be around 125 high.
Thanks for the response. I appreciate you letting me know your thoughts. I really have very little to go on pricing wise. It seems that a lot of table saws for sale are very high end or absolute junk (more junk than high end), so there is not a lot in this range. I am open to lowering the price and if I do not get any movement then I will drop the price until it moves. It has been a great saw for me. No saw is perfect and I agree that the back dust collection is not good as it comes from the factory. I had a cardboard back on it and that helped quite a bit.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
It will sell, but like others said it may be slow to do so. It is still a slightly dolled up contractor saw even with the DC plate underneath since that backside motor area is so open. Don't get me wrong, I use a Rigid contractor saw from the 90's just fine with basically the same setup and it works well with my DC.

It will just take the right buyer at the right time.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Find a piece of scrap roofing material - either EPDM (rubberlike a tire tube) or PET (The reinforced white stuff everyone is using now). It can be readily cut to fit the back and either attached with screws or rare earth magnets.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS