Sold. Knud Oland scrapers with extra bits.

Craig C

New User
Craig
Years ago I took a bowl turning class from Knud Oland. He used just two scrapers like these to make bowls from rough blank to finish. He also made and sold these scrapers and I bought these from him. I used these two scrapers to make many bowls until I sold my lathe when I moved to a smaller shop. $150 OBO for both including extra HSS bits and allen wrenches. Pick up near Greensboro or happy to ship if you pay postage. Glad to answer any questions. IMG_5189.JPGIMG_5190.JPGIMG_5191.JPG

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
That is neat to have the originals. I made mine after seeing one that a friend made from watching a video. Never knew what the originals looked like...
A23C58B6-D797-40B8-BD0D-B408F03CE44E.jpeg

Reactions: Oka

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Any time Craig.

Some folks may know I met Craig through Craig’s list about 15 years ago when he was moving to a new house with a smaller shop. Then he took a sharpening class at my shop and got reacquainted with his old lathe. After all it is really such a tiny weird world.

Last edited:

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Years back I made some of this type of tip tool, or at least vaguely similar in function with the side angle.
On the third batch I figured I should be getting $300.00 per tool considering time and expenses. I was selling them for $100 each. Did other things after that revelation.
I still use them to this day. The finest steel can be bought for the cutting edge for very little money since the cutting tool is little more than a metal lathe tool bit. Grind it up and toss it. I used to get three tips per 3" piece of steel. Tried the Asian steel once but not twice.
Keep the bit sharp and you can excavate with ease. Often it is easer than a bowl gouge and a little faster. With wet, green wood, its about the same.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS