Sold Cypress-Met Fellow NCWW Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
This afternoon I made a little trip over to Concord and met EricS, a fellow woodworker. Eric is a nice guy and an interesting one! :icon_thum We share many of the same interests. (He's really a redneck from upstate NY!) :gar-La;

He's into organic farming and bee keeping as well as woodworking. I sold him some of Ivey's 8/4 Cypress and he is introducing me to a new type of bee hive! :eusa_clap All in all a good afternoon visit.

Nope, no pics. Just the 3 of us met for the exchange. (Eric, Shiloh, and me!)

:wsmile:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Sounds like a great time. :icon_thum You fellas can keep those beehives to yourselves though. :swoon:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Sounds like a good day, but you were in Concord and did not invite me for lunch:slap::tinysmile_cry_t::icon_scra. Maybe next time my friend...

EricS

Eric
Senior User
It was nice meeting Reggie this afternoon. He has some great cypress and the price is also great.To bad the visit was so short. Maybe a longer visit next time.

Glennbear

Glenn
Any day where you get together with another member is a good day. :thumbs_up Am I reading things correctly that both of you keep bees ? I am looking for a source for beeswax and would rather support a fellow member than a commercial entity. :wsmile:

EricS

Eric
Senior User
Dan,
The Top bar hive has been around for centuries.Not quite so new and was developed in Africa. It does not lend itself to honey production the way the Langstrom hive does, due to the fact that you have to crush the comb to extract the honey. This takes the bees longer to rebuild and fill back up with honey.One benefit to this hive is that it allows the bees to build naturally and both in shape of the comb and size of the cell. I am not a pro at be keeping really quite a rookie. I mostly use the bees to pollinate my garden. I do harvest some honey and give small amounts to my CSA customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors