Solar Kiln Short Course at Virginia Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Folks,

I contacted Brian Bond, Ph.D. of Virgina Tech at Blacksburg. He is one of the principals involved in the Solor Kiln Design and Operation.
He along with Fred Lamb will offer the 5th Drying Lumber with a Solar Kiln Short Course on April 26 and 27.
Web Site:
Drying Lumber with a Solar Dry Kiln - April 26-27, 2007 - Virginia Tech - Blacksburg, VA

Course Description
This two-day program will be held in Blacksburg, VA (Brooks Forest Products Center, Virginia Tech). This intensive workshop introduces all the principles of drying hardwood and softwood lumber in a solar kiln. The course also contains information on the design and operation of solar kilns. Emphasis will be placed on the solar kiln design at Virginia Tech (www.woodscience.vt.edu/about/extension/vtsolar_kiln/). Our solar kiln is onsite and will be used in the course. Whether you are considering building a solar kiln or are currently operating one, this short course will provide you information that will improve your lumber drying skills.

I was planning to attend the course last year, but didn't make it. I am attending this year!!

Cheers,
Bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS