So my Garage Door Breaks down

Status
Not open for further replies.

lottathought

New User
Michael
So I had my first garage door failure yesterday.
Never had one before but it looks like the spring snapped and I may have lost the cables also. Usually I am a DIY guy. But usually I am not dealing with a huge metal spring under stress. :saw:
I have already read enough to know that I know just enough about installing a new spring to really hurt myself. So the question is...does anybody have a good recommendation in my area? I am in Clayton. I figured that before I called either Sears or Lowes, I would see if there is somebody local I should consider.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Alan Brannan, Brannon Garage Doors. He is right in Clayton.

919-989-1152
Cell 919-524-3394

lottathought

New User
Michael
See my thread:

But, first, how do you know the Spring is Broke? and not just de-tensioned?

Huh..my last response must not have taken..

I can tell it is broken because there are now 2 pieces of spring where 1 should be..LOL
Thanks for the recommendations all. Local seemed like a better idea than a big box store.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
I can recommend Roy Gershon at Triangle Garage Doors (919.457.9418 or 800.361.5616). He replaced the torsion springs on my garage doors a few weeks ago and I found his prices to be very reasonable based on calls I made to other local companies. I know they also do the installation work for Lowe's for whatever that means to you. When I called, Roy, the owner/operator was the one who answered the phone and he came to my house the same day I called. He took the time to explain to me what he was doing and why and I didn't feel like he was trying to sell me anything other than what I needed (torsion springs). As he was re-installing one of the axles, he did slightly damage a bracket on the door so it made a noise when the garage door was operating (one of the end brackets with bearings in it). He pointed out the noise to me and didn't try to hide the fact that he had damaged the bracket. He didn't have the part on his truck but made an appointment for first thing the next morning to replace the part. He wouldn't accept payment until after he had replaced the part the next day and everything worked properly. For reference, the total cost for me to replace 4 torsion springs was less than $400 w/tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS