Sneak preview of bed side table designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
Just a quick hint at the way I am going with the tables. Both pick up accents from the bed just finished. The curve of the top drawer front mimics the crest rail curve and the lower apron picks up on the bed rail curves. The cabinet is suspended between 4 legs that are attached at just two points on each. The legs are slightly tapered in plan to lighten them slightly. The dust panels are dovetailed into the sides.

Tables are both 22 inches high. The smaller one is 14 x 13 and the larger 16 x 16. At this point I am probably going with the smaller one with only the drawer fronts in Maple; Birds eye for the top drawer front, curly for the lower drawer. Decided not to have the traditional cupboard at the bottom, but rather a deep drawer to make it easier to get things out of from the bed.

Attachments

• first render.jpg
    first render.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 184
  • render 1.jpg
    render 1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 204

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Those are going to be really nice. You really picked up on unifying design elements from the bed, they will be a nice set.
Dave:)

rhett

New User
rhett
It's apparent you have a good eye for design. Those will be a very nice compliment to your bed. If you need any curly maple, I have some really nice wide curly soft and hard planks. What will be the thickness of the curved legs?

DavidF

New User
David
It's apparent you have a good eye for design. Those will be a very nice compliment to your bed. If you need any curly maple, I have some really nice wide curly soft and hard planks. What will be the thickness of the curved legs?

I might take you up on that! Thanks! probably off to HWstore of NC next week to get the cherry.

The legs are 30mm at the outside tapering to 20mm where they join the case

J

jeff...

Can we consider this the start date :lol:. Nice drawings there David

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Nice renderings David I am looking forward to the WIP post:eusa_danc You always come up with new jig ideas that I file away for when I need them :icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
EXCELLENT design, David!!!:eusa_clap

Can't wait to see the first cut (WIP). You know you are teaching us newbies a tremendous amout of detail!

Thanks again!

Wayne

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Nice David :eusa_clap Next you will need to design and turn a set of cherry and maple beside lamps :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS