Small Walnut Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSuther

New User
Stan
Thought I'd show you my latest in a short list of projects. This is a small walnut chest I designed to sit beside my easy chair. My wife had been fussing about the crummy looking table/magazine rack we'd been using, so I had to do something! The wood is old air dryed walnut that I got out of my shop when I moved it from my homeplace. All joints are hand cut. I was going to try to turn some small knobs, but we've got a lot of that kind of thing in the den where this is to go, so my wife asked for metal. As a matter of fact, she picked them out, and I think they look pretty good with the overall design. Finish is Watco and wax.

Updated to link thumbnails.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Nice job, Stan. Great looking joints. Do you happen to know T.G. Phillips? Taught at Mooresville High? Retired now. Lives off Brawley School Rd. He's a WW buddy of mine.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Beautiful chest, but it must have been a lot work just to find a place to keep your remote.:lol::lol:

Jimmy:)

SSuther

New User
Stan
Its more a place to keep woodworking magazines handy but out of site. You know, I just can't throw them away, so they just accumulate over time. Sweetie just doesn't understand.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Stan,
I do understand about the magazines, but at the rate I collect them I would have to build a matching one soon.:lol:

Jimmy:)

SSuther

New User
Stan
Oh, that's just the ones in that room that I want to keep handy. I've got woodworking magazines going back to the early eighties stored so I can pull them out when I want them. Funny about that. I found that I can pull out a magazine from years ago that had articles about doing things that seemed out of reach at the time that now, I'm willing to take a shot at. It's kind of like wide ties and bellbottoms. Wait long enough, and they'll seem almost new again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS