Small tool dust collection ... revisited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks to some good NCWW advice and tips posted in this thread, I decided to re-configure some dust collection in the shop, again.​

I put together this system based on some PM's with Alan (in little Washington) and looking at his shop vac based setup in his gallery. The PVC electric conduit, long sweep wyes and elbows were all purchased at Lowes. They are all 2". The blast gates are 2-1/2", from Rockler.

This is the Rigid shop vac and the ClearVue Mini CV06 under the bench. That 25' pile of hose is what I use to vacuum the shop. I can get to every corner of the shop with that hose.

Garage-Shop_328.JPG

View image in gallery

Here is the vacuum hose connection and blast gate.

Everything runs along the back wall on top of my bench.

Blast gate and flex hose for the bandsaw.

Blast gate and hose for the Ridgid OSS and the Delta belt/disk sander.

At this point I just have the connections taped together. I want to try it out for a while to see if anything needs to be moved. Once I am satisfied with the positions, I will cement things together.

The three benchtop tools (Ridgid OSS, Delta belt/disk sander, Delta bandsaw) are plugged into a Philips extension cord, which is plugged into an IVAC switch. The IVAC switch has two cords that can be plugged into two separate outlets. When plugged into two outlets on two separate circuits the IVAC supplies 15 amps to the tool and another 15 amps for the vacuum. If you don't need two separate 15 amp circuits, the IVAC has an additional outlet that powers the second circuit from the first circuit. You can see the third outlet on the IVAC switch in this picture.

Since I was not using the Oneida Cyclone for these tools, I also re-configured the DC pipe in this area. I added a 4" drop from the ceiling for the planer. The 6" drop against the wall is now set up for two 4" runs, one for the shaper and one for the drill press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS