Small project... pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yes, this is nothing to brag about, but I will anyway. I didn't have a business card holder today at the opening of the Southern Ideal Home Show, here in Raleigh. Some of my co-worker joked that I should make one. Well I did. It's out of a scrap piece of 8/4 Mahogany I had lying around and a little Padauk for contrast. It took about an hour, including a 2# cut shellac finish. I am happy with it and it will serve the intended purpose. Thanks for looking
Businesscardholder030.jpg

Businesscardholder029.jpg

Businesscardholder027.jpg

Businesscardholder026.jpg

If anyone in the Triangle area wants to come by the show at the state fair grounds on Saturday, give me a call and I'll get you in for free 422-2760. Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
It's all one piece of Mahogany. I have some carving/turning blocks that I inherited from my wife's grandfather, who got them from a veneer mill (they're cut off ends of the slabs before slicing). This block, in cross section, was just about the size of a business card. I cut the shape out, end grain up (the outer edges) on my bandsaw with a 3/4" blade. Then I CA glued the Padauk accent piece to it and sanded to 400 grit, then 3 coats of 2# blond shellac. My co-workers were impressed, it was nothing really. Thanks for all the kind words, Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS