Small Krenov-style chest on stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchwood

New User
Don
Hi All,
Just finished this small James Krenov style chest on stand. Dimensions are 16X16X48. I used some pretty nice burly/curly maple from Jack Murdoch in Rolesville and some old "barn walnut". The chest is small so I decided to do side-mount drawers since there's minimal space wasted on dividers and very little droop when drawers are extended out. Got the idea from this article in FWW, March 2015. http://www.finewoodworking.com/2015/03/25/side-hung-drawers.
Never tried these before, but they're not hard to do and great for a small piece. Drawers have stopped dadoes that slide on hardwood runners screwed to the cabinet insides. All the curved parts have the same radii.

DSC45hm.jpg

DSCN46hm.jpg

DSCN55hn.jpg

DSCN47hm.jpg

DSCN49hn1.jpg

I had a really hard time getting pictures posted but finally used Hypersnap to get orientation right and pixel count reduced.

Thanks for looking

Don

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Looks great like the details. I going to look them up for a future project. Thanks for introducing them with such a fine example.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Very nicely done! Thanks for posting the pictures, we would have missed out if you hadn't. I really like the sculpted walnut parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS