Small Boxes with lid Inlay

Status
Not open for further replies.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
I finally tried my hand at making my own inlay strips. Making the inlay strips was a lot easier than I thought it would be and I ended up using a few of the inlay strips on some small boxes I made for my Dad and FIL for Father's Day.

Additional pix are in my album here.

D L

DaveO

New User
DaveO
DL, those are extremely sharp. I really like the 3-D effect of the inlay, and you made three. A trifecta of beautiful work :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
That is really great:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
that inlay indead has a 3d effect:icon_thum
just wish i could do something like that

dozer

Mike
Another great looking project. Man when i finally get time to make something i'm going to look like a hack :lol:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Terry said:
They are Beautiful DL. What kind of wood did you use? Terry:eusa_clap

Terry, the box is made of cherry and the inlay is made out of some walnut, ash, birch, and one other that is a mystery wood? It might be some left over bloodwood I had laying around.

D L

M

McRabbet

Very pretty results with excellent craftsmanship. Nicely done!

Rob

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Those are really nice boxes. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I hope to try my hand at boxes one day when I grow up.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Those boxes are beautiful and I hope you'll share the method of making the inlay pieces. BTW, your grass is also beautiful!!

cpowell

New User
Chuck
D.L.,

Those are absoultely beautiful. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I'd love to read a detailed explanation of the inlay process. Off the top of my head I don't have a clue how you deal with such small pieces.

I'm impressed!

Chuck

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
b4man said:
Those boxes are beautiful and I hope you'll share the method of making the inlay pieces. BTW, your grass is also beautiful!!

cpowell said:
D.L., Those are absolutely beautiful. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I'd love to read a detailed explanation of the inlay process. Off the top of my head I don't have a clue how you deal with such small pieces.

I'm impressed!

Chuck

Thanks Barbara and Chuck. This was the first time I tried making my own inlays and it turns out the process is really fairly simple and not tedious at all. I have a few scraps left over from the stock I glued up and will put some notes together in another thread to let everyone know how it was made. Thanks for your comments and interest.

D L

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
Very fine work. I like how you ran your felt up the sides in line with your front panel. I also like they way you box open with no visible hardware. Very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS