Slowdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Brewer

New User
Jay
Hi everyone. I havent been around for a while. With the birth of my daughter, I just dont have the desire to come home from work and build cabinets till midnight and all weekend long.

I think the answer is to downsize and only take the projects that I want. The next problem is I have way to much money in equipment for it to just sit most of the time.

I will be selling most of my equipment. It will take me a while to get all the pictures and prices listed in the classifieds. I would like to sell locally, that is why I am listing it here first. If you see anything in my shop tour that you may want, send me a email or PM and I will get back to you ASAP.http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f81/shop-tour-long-12185/

This decision has not come easy, but I feel it is best for my family.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Very sorry to hear it, but I totally understand.

I want most of it, whether or not I can afford it....

Regardless, PM sent.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Jay..I hope things improve for you. I remain optimistic that my son will soon be able to take over the yard-work so I can go back to the shop.

I mean c'mon, he's had a free-ride for 8 mos !!!

-Mark

PS Also sent you a PM.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
On second thought, I can trade you some girl stuff for tools.

Shoes, dresses, pants, etc not to mention all of the princess dressups. I have complete outfits including crowns, shoes, and scepters for Cinderella, Jasmine, Aurora, Belle (in red and yellow) and Mulan in multiple sizes......:swoon:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member

Shoes, dresses, pants, etc not to mention all of the princess dressups. I have complete outfits including crowns, shoes, and scepters for Cinderella, Jasmine, Aurora, Belle (in red and yellow) and Mulan in multiple sizes......:swoon:

Oops, I forgot to include Ariel and Snow White. (They happened to just put them on). Did I mention I have this stuff for ages 2 to 5?

You think tools are expensive, you haven't seen anything yet. It is amazing how much money my wife saves on girls clothes and toys.:swoon:

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Jay,
Babies turn into bigger kids before you know it. Ya, sure you want to sell off the tools? Re-asembly of your shop would be quite a large job should you decide that you want to go back to it.
Rob

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy

Now I don't remember you having any kids :eusa_thin, so should we be concerned that you have a bunch of girly clothes? I just can imagine what you look like in your Cinderalla dress! :rotflm:

Just kiddin' with you...

J

jeff...

Kids are the best and fathers daughter is a heart stealer - just wait till you have grand kids - they don't call them grand for nothing:thumbs_up

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Now I don't remember you having any kids :eusa_thin, so should we be concerned that you have a bunch of girly clothes? I just can imagine what you look like in your Cinderalla dress! :rotflm:

Just kiddin' with you...

I don't wear the dress ups, but I do get to play the prince, have tea parties, and play with Barbie's along with all the dolls and figurines...

Glennbear

Glenn
Oops, I forgot to include Ariel and Snow White. (They happened to just put them on). Did I mention I have this stuff for ages 2 to 5?

You think tools are expensive, you haven't seen anything yet. It is amazing how much money my wife saves on girls clothes and toys.:swoon:

BTDT !!!! my girls are now 26 and 30 but I remember those days well. In my case one must add 90 bazillion "my little ponys" to the mix. :rotflm:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Wow Jay, hadn't heard from ya in a while! I hope the lil one is doing well! I hate to see you selling off your entire shop, that was some NICE equipment. I don't need anything that large in my shop for sure but someone will surely enjoy everything!

Jay's shop was/is amazing! I got a dust collector from him and it was in as good a shape as new. Everything in his shop looked brand new! Somebody is going to get a great deal on some awesome tools!

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User

Travis - That's a heckuva line! :rotflm: :rotflm:

(although I agree that girl's stuff can be pricey).

Jay, Here's hoping your downsizing is acceptably painless. You have a very nice lookin shop and the machinery looks like NIB quality. :icon_thum

I would be surprised if there was not a lot of interest in a several of your offerings.

Good luck.

Chuck

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey Jay,

Sorry to hear about the closing down of the Shop and selling most of the tools, But Congratulations on the BABY! I sent a PM. It sure looks like you are a good father with that picture of you and your child. I can't wait until I have one of my own.

If you want to view paradise, Simply look around and view it!

Matthew & Rachel
Custom Home Audio
M&R Audio

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
First off, that is a mighty nice shop!!
I agree with Robert. Unless you need to generate cash, I would just let them gather some dust for for a bit. I suspect you will want to build some things for you daughter before too long. You will probably enjoy "escaping" down to your shop a little more often than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS