Slot mortiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie jones

New User
Charlie
Here are some photos of my new slot mortiser. I built it from plans from "woodgears.ca. It works great. I estimate that I spent less than 300.00 including the router. I changed a few things from the plans to suit my needs. I just cut a bunch of mortises on a blanket chest project and they were all perfect. I have used loose tenon joinery before with jigs but this machine is much better.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
You may wish to fix the links to your posted photos. When I click on the first photo to view it enlarged (not much detail in those tiny thumbnails) it directs me to MY personal photo album rather than the appropriate photo. I have not tried the other photos, but I would imagine they'd do the same if they were all created from the same URL.

When you view the photo in your own album, scroll down the the bottom to cut and paste the URL for insertion in your post (I usually prefer the Best Size -- or the like -- URL).

charlie jones

New User
Charlie
DSCN2622.JPG

View image in gallery

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice build. I bet it was a lot cheaper than buying a multi router! :eusa_clap

charlie jones

New User
Charlie
A lot cheaper. I believe the Multi Router has X-Y tables which limit how long the workpiece can be. With this design the head moves so the workpiece can be any size as long as you support it.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks great.:icon_thum
IIRC, we have a similar plan in the download library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS