Slat Board Cleats

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
For mounting. My daughter gifted me some plywood slat boards that came with 1/2 the cleat mounting system. I've searched the web and have been unable to match the steel cleats. The AL versions at the big box are priced very high, IMHO. Here's two photos of what I'm looking for.

Back of slat board - I'm looking for the companion wall mount - which should look about the same.

Unknown-7.jpeg

The cleats are ~14" long. Of course I want the wall mount cleats to span the wall studs.

Unknown-6.jpeg

Any suggestions? Sources?

Attachments

• Unknown-6.jpeg
    Unknown-6.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 86

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Gene, I did a google search using "metal french cleats" and found many examples, especially on Amazon most were aluminum. None that matched what you had; however, some were 6 feet and 8 feet long and since they are aluminum you could cut them down to the size you want.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Raymond,. Found a lot of AL French cleats. Trying to be frugal and reuse what I have. I think some refer to these as z-bar as well but there are a lot of versions of z-bar.

Rockler has these: Steel Cleats

Also, since I have two slatboards, I could take the existing ones off one board and use them on the wall for the other slat board but the length won't span the studs.

Last edited:

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Could just get them bent for you you can do this your self with a couple of pieces of angle iron in a vise and a couple of pieces of oak ... poor man's Metal-Break.
It is what I do when I am in need. But then, here there are not many other choices.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Casey,
My SIL is checking where he got the slat board to see if the mating pieces are there. If that doesn't work, I'll take the short cleats off and screw the boards directly to the wall. It's a shop after all.

• Haha
Reactions: Oka

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS