SketchUp Workshop Online

Best time for Online training

• Total voters

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
Dave - thanks for the answer - I am more interested in actually modelling in orthographic, rather than printing out (which is also important). Is there an equivalent of a four-panel view (T, L, F, P)? Such as ---

Attachments

• 3D Max screen.jpg
    3D Max screen.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 68

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Joe, there is not an option to have four windows such as you show in SketchUp. That was a useful thing back in the days before 3D modeling applications could quickly handle calculations for perspective views. The idea with SketchUp is that you model things the way you would see them in reality. I guess if you really had to do it, you could make multiple copies of a component and position them as you show. Then edit the one that has the view you want to use. Seems like a work harder sort of thing, though.

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
Dave - thanks -
It would seem to me that updating four views in real time would take more, not less compute power (since the perspective view is being updated in real time along with the other three). The perspective (or camera, if you assign it, view is also accurately shaded with materials and realistic shadows. So I dont think it's a compute power issue. My guess is Sketchup has a much simpler graphics engine pipeline.
What Max doesnt have (since it's a high-end computer animation program) is printable dimensioning and inherent page layout, which is why I was interested in sketchup.

Pat M

Belg
Senior User
I'm willing to do online SketchUp instruction.
Dave, I'm not great with computers and at my age probably never will be. Was wondering if you would help me with particular issue that I'm sure these types of programs are great for? Send me a message if your so inclined.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Dave, I'm not great with computers and at my age probably never will be. Was wondering if you would help me with particular issue that I'm sure these types of programs are great for? Send me a message if your so inclined.
Hi Pat, I'll try to help you out.im not at my computer at the moment but let me know what you need. If you prefer go ahead and start a private conversation. I'll look as soon as I can.

Pat M

Belg
Senior User
Hi Pat, I'll try to help you out.im not at my computer at the moment but let me know what you need. If you prefer go ahead and start a private conversation. I'll look as soon as I can.
I guess we have to follow each other first to be able to have a private conversation.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I guess we have to follow each other first to be able to have a private conversation.
You have to be a member for 30 days and have a minimum of 5 posts before you can start a conversation. We had an issue with a spammer some time back and instituted this policy.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS