SketchUp Workshop Online

Best time for Online training

• Total voters

JGregJ

New User
Greg
@Dave Richards
I should have double checked before answering the poll, but I'm assuming that was 7:00 AM Eastern time?
If it was really 7:00 PM, then I need to change my vote to 'both work'.

Also I'm in the 'free user' version of sketch-up camp.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
Sorry I missed this. I have all the books and DVDs and still feel overwhelmed trying to learn it. If there is another session I will watch for it. Does it work fine with Mac or does it need to be Windows? I keep a small cheap Windows laptop in the shop just for Cutlist Plus which doesn't work on Macs.

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
Dave - thanks for the introductory session. I was going to ask if it offers orthographic projections for design - back to the old drafting days...

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Hi Joe,

You're quite welcome. I'd like to be able to do something a little more in depth at some point if there's interest.

As for orthogrphic projections, yes, you can make those in SkethUp. Here's an example showing some of those in a plan for a big table. On this sheet I used orthographic projections for all of the dimensioned parts as well as the full sized patterns for the curves.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
@Dave Richards
1. How did the class go?
1b. Probably better asked of the attendees...
2. Are you going to offer it again?

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
@Dave Richards
1. How did the class go?
1b. Probably better asked of the attendees...
2. Are you going to offer it again?
Hi Hank,

I think it went OK. It was really kind of just an overview and didn't get too much into actual modeling because there were a few attendees who hadn't used it before. Asking the attendees is probably a good idea.

I'm game to offer it again or if someone has suggestions I'd be open to doing something differently. Maybe I could do a sort of live modeling session to demonstrate my workflow or something.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS