SketchUp Workshop Online

Best time for Online training

• Total voters

CarolinaBlueJacket

New User
BlueJacket
I'm willing to do online SketchUp instruction.
Maybe its just me but I found Sketchup so unintuitive that I dropped it. I would love to be able to use it or something similar. Is there a good alternative that is more intuitive or is it just me? FWIW I am an engineer that works with and writes software.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Maybe its just me but I found Sketchup so unintuitive that I dropped it. I would love to be able to use it or something similar. Is there a good alternative that is more intuitive or is it just me? FWIW I am an engineer that works with and writes software.
Check out "Sketchup Guide for Woodworkers" by Tim Killen. It might make more sense than most of the videos and tutorials out there.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Maybe you just need a good intro to the basics. Maybe a one-on-one session would help.

There is also my SketchUp Guide for Woodworkers--The Basics from Fine Woodworking if you want something to keep on hand to refer to.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Looks like enough folks are interested in doing something. Let's see if we can figure out a good time for everyone.

I'll plan to model a simple project like a pencil box or something to demonstrate some basic modeling and good workflow techniques. We can do a bit of Q&A if people want to ask questions.

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
I've been using a computer animation package since its DOS days (yes, really), but would love to see if SketchUp is worth the learning curve. Sign me up!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS