SketchUp Users: A Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acelectric

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks for the session Dave. It was very informative. I learned about several shortcuts I didn't know about.

I look forward to the next challenge.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
+1 in spades! Dave gave Wayne and me an excellent 90 minute live session that was really informative. GotoMeeting really made it work very well .. glad I took some notes! Thanks a million, Dave.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Thank you for joining me, gentlemen.

I worked on the recorded video afterward. It looked pretty decent on screen. I tried to process to MP4 so I could post it and then went to bed. The program apparently went to bed, too because it quit responding during the night.:rolleyes: I'll try something else when I get home from work.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
For grins, I thought I'd post one of my models from a few years ago that helped me convince a potential client to accept a proposal to build a some outdoor Information Kiosks for them. I was awarded the job and built two of these back in 2008. The first photo shows one of the finished units. The "in use" photo was taken in 2011 and I stopped by several weeks ago and they are still in great shape after 5 years. The large (roughly 40" x 44") Lexan Doors (a pair on each side) were made with White Oak and featured pegged
half-lapped corner joints to keep the doors from sagging -- they are still nice and square. There are many pictures in my Gallery Album devoted to this project that detail the shop and field work.
Bulletin_Board.jpg

100_4965.jpg

100_6532.JPG

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Sorry I missed the test and the event last night. There's no doubt SketchUp is a seriously effective tool, it does wonders for conceptualizing. Here's one of my recent models of a design for somebody else's advanced woodworking project:

kitchen_1_2013-08-16_lores.jpg

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Rob,

That's neat. I remember your post from many years ago and a few details which you kindly explained to me. I was just starting my woodworking attempts and asked "what is a half-lap joint and why are they pegged with dowels"? Now I know.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
HOLY COW - Steve - that is a sketch-up concept? I glanced at it and thought it was a picture!

Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS