SketchUp presentation in Greensboro, Nov. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Amy Dowden has generously offered to make a presentation on SketchUp (free 3D modeling software) for Woodworkers in Greensboro next month. This will be the same presentation she did for the TWA group in Raleigh last week. For those who normally attend the Greensboro lunches on the third Thursday of each month, this will be a schedule change. Instead of a lunch this time, we will have an evening session to allow plenty of time for everyone to learn and ask questions.

If you'd like to learn more about SketchUp, please plan on joining us on Nov. 17. Right now, sign-up is open to any NCWW member and spouse/guest. If we get an overwhelming response, we may have to set a limit based on how many the restaurant can accommodate in the meeting room we use. I will keep a list of attendees by updating this thread. Our plan is to start the presentation around 5:30pm, then order dinner around 6:30pm, or whenever the presentation is completed. We will order off the menu, and everyone is responsible for their own meal.
When: Thursday, Nov. 17, 5:30 PM
Where: The Moose Cafe
Who: Open to anyone who would like to learn more about SketchUp
Cost: Free
If you have questions, or would like to sign up, please post a reply to this thread.

List of attendees:
JCraig (Jerry)

Steve_Honeycutt (Steve) + 3 guest

b4man (Barbara)

Nelson (Nelson)

ebrant (Ed)

meredj (Jesse)

Mike Davis (Mike)

Bill Clemmons (Bill)

tar1heel (RJ)

Tim Sherwood (Tim)

Richlife (Rich)

Mark Gottesman (Mark)

SgtSnafu (Scotty) + 1 guest

Arnie (Arnie)

Dutchman (Buddy)
If I have mistakenly listed you as an attendee, please let me know.

Bill

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Amy thank you for the offer to teach this. I wish i could attend, I start cursing and swearing just opening the Sketchup program. :BangHead:

richlife

New User
Rich
Hey, this is awesome! I'd definitely like to come.

And Bryan, checkout FineWoodworking's great "Sketchup Guide for Woodworkers" by Tim Killen at their website. The downloadable ebook is only $12.99 and worth much more.

Rich

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Steve and Rich, I've made the additions to the registration list. I think we've still got plenty of room. We've had as many as 16 at our lunches, and didn't even take up half the room. I'd say we could probably accommodate up to 20, if Amy is comfortable w/ that number.

Bill

SgtSnafu

Libraries
Scotty
Please add me - I am checking with two folks to see if they want to join...

Do we have a class size limit?

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
The more the merrier! There were around 40 people at the TWA meeting when I presented. I used to teach Chemistry and Engineering, so I can project my voice pretty loud. I will have some handouts with some tips and good websites too. The only limit is the space in the room.

Amy

arnie

New User
Arnie
I would like to attend this class. I have downloaded it and tried to learn it but to no avail.

Larry(arnie) Arnold

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I think I've added everyone that has said they want to attend, but please check the list in the original post to make sure you are on it. If not, let me know.

Bill

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
I just found out that I'm heading for California in the morning and it will be late next week before I can get back, so there's no way that I'll be able to make it to the Sketchup class. If Amy ever does another class I would very much like the chance to try to attend it.

Charley

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Just a reminder for everyone about the SketchUp presentation tomorrow night. I hope everyone has had a chance to download the free software and maybe play around w/ it just a little.

We still have room for a few more, so if you want to come, just let me know.

Bill

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
As I feel right now I don't believe I will be pleasant company tonight. I think I will just go home, take a handful of Tylenol and go to bed.

Hope you have fun and learn a lot.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to Amy Dowden for her presentation last night. It was great! I'm glad I played around w/ it a little before, but now I know how much I still have to learn.

Amy, thank you very much.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS