Sjorberg Bench or something different?

Billm0066

Bill
User
I built a bench and it serves its purpose but I want something smaller for my shop. Looking at getting this https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sjobergs-27-937-in-W-x-35-437-in-H-Wood-Work-Bench/50296515 From woodcraft or klingspors. This is about my max budget and size is also good for me. Any other brand I should look at?

To be clear I do not want to build one. I dont have the time and the features of this will suit me really well. I will buy the cabinets or make them down the road for it.

Are there ever any deals on these? Black friday and holidays are coming up. Lowes I can buy a 10% coupon from ebay for a couple bucks. I would rather support klingspors or woodcraft if possible.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I built a bench and it serves its purpose but I want something smaller for my shop. Looking at getting this https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sjobergs-27-937-in-W-x-35-437-in-H-Wood-Work-Bench/50296515 From woodcraft or klingspors. This is about my max budget and size is also good for me. Any other brand I should look at?

To be clear I do not want to build one. I dont have the time and the features of this will suit me really well. I will buy the cabinets or make them down the road for it.

Are there ever any deals on these? Black friday and holidays are coming up. Lowes I can buy a 10% coupon from ebay for a couple bucks. I would rather support klingspors or woodcraft if possible.

This looks like the same bench at Klingspors for less than Lowe's.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I should go into the bench building business. I can make a much better bench than that for about $800.

If you get that one be sure to add some cross bracing. They rack with moderate use.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
This looks like the same bench at Klingspors for less than Lowe's.
Klingspor's is using the wrong product picture. The one at Klingspor's is a Scandi Plus 1425, and the one linked to at Lowes is the Scandi Plus 1825. The 1425 is 16" shorter than the 1825.

Edit: I contacted Klingspor's about the product image, and they're looking into it

Last edited:

Billm0066

Bill
User
Actually might even do this one since its so cheap. Sjöbergs Nordic Plus 1450 Workbench SJO-33448 - - Amazon.com
I bought this at an estate sale for $80

Ill give you $100 for it ;)

Billm0066

Bill
User
I should go into the bench building business. I can make a much better bench than that for about $800.

If you get that one be sure to add some cross bracing. They rack with moderate use.

Does your $800 include your labor costs or just material? Put me down for one if it includes your labor.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
You probably don't want to wait a year. I work full time and have other projects going.

But I have one, similar to Grimmy2016, I would sell for $300.

zapdafish

New User
Steve
Have you considered taking a workbench building class like at Greg Paolini or the Woodwrights school? It would condense the time down to one week and you would still have built it yourself.

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
Second on the recommenation to take a class with Gregory Paolini. He's one of the finest craftsman and teacher around. Best in NC for sure.

Billm0066

Bill
User
Have you considered taking a workbench building class like at Greg Paolini or the Woodwrights school? It would condense the time down to one week and you would still have built it yourself.

I will reiterate what my first post said. I do not have the time to build a bench. I have a four month old, run my own business, behind on making some gifts for past clients, other shop projects that are more pressing, and countless other projects. I can build a bench (already did and its too big for my needs now). However I would rather buy one now. My time per hour is worth a lot more right now because of everything going on. I sure as heck dont have time to take a class lol. You know what though? I would love to take some wood working classes. I really wish I had the free time.

If anyone can chime in about deals on work benches, the ones I posted, or about another brand I should look at buying im all ears. If you want to encourage me to build a bench then i'm not sure how else I can say no.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS