Site Status Update 3/10

FlyingRon

Ron
The following issues have been fixed/addressed:

The user promotion scheme is now fixed. Some of you may have noticed your status has been changing back and forth over the past few days. It should be settled down now. If you go to your profile, there is a field called "Next Promotion Info" that indicates why we aren't putting you in the next level.

The DQ system is operational for our four vendors (Klinspor, Woodworking Source, Scott Meeks, and Anchor).

Tapatalk is functional.

The contents of your Nickname in the profile now appear under your user name on posts.

Chat is up and should now appear on mobile devices when using a browser. You may also wish to investigate the ArrowChat mobile app (though I've not tried it).

Some flakiness in email has been corrected.

I've created a For Sale/Wanted group to tied us over until we figure out what to do about classifieds.

I set the Contest forum to be postable by moderators.

Links that point to threads on the old site should now resolve properly to pages on the new site.

A feature to split of your Conversations (PM) into folders was added.

STILL TO BE DONE:
---------------------
Make it so you can add/remove DQ vendors without having to manually edit the database.

Bring over some files (notably the cache of old newsletters) for the RESOURCE section.

Turn my notes into some useful administrator documentation.

Figure out what to do with the classifieds.

Last edited:

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Ron, thanks for the update and your continued dedication to the NCWW website. It is greatly appreciated.

photostu

New User
Stuart
Great job on the new site, its so much better in terms of usability.

Any chance we can get hometown displayed under avatar again? I liked seeing where everyone was from.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS