Site outage Sunday 5/22 and today ** PLEASE READ **

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
The site was down almost all day Sunday, and came back early Monday morning. Our web hosting support team is still working through some issues, so there is a good chance we'll go offline again later today. Please bear with us as we try to get everything working again.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
We've been moved to a new server, which appears to be working well. Hopefully this is the end of the problems and we'll stay up.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Re: FYI - "My posts" and "my threads" not functioning for me

Not sure if this is related to moving to a new server, but the search functions "My posts" and "My threads" are not functioning for me.

Henry

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Re: FYI - "My posts" and "my threads" not functioning for me

Not sure if this is related to moving to a new server, but the search functions "My posts" and "My threads" are not functioning for me.

Henry
Henry, I suggest you log out of the site and then log back in again (remembering to check the "Remember me" box").

Explanation 1: The cookie that holds your ID on your browser doesn't get send to the new server, which means the system doesn't know which posts you've read. Logging in again will freshen the cookie.

Explanation 2: Logging in again will magically fix things.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Bas, how often is a backup done? Is a full, sequential, or other type of backup done so if the server is totally smoked, all files, except those posted since the last backup, can be restored?

I was a member of a site that lost almost everything- all forum threads and photo files. It took a herculean effort restore what was left and get the site back working.

Thanks.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Bas, how often is a backup done? Is a full, sequential, or other type of backup done so if the server is totally smoked, all files, except those posted since the last backup, can be restored?

I was a member of a site that lost almost everything- all forum threads and photo files. It took a herculean effort restore what was left and get the site back working.

Thanks.
Backups are taken daily, weekly and monthly. so the chances of a catastrophic data loss are fairly small. I've seen a number of sites lose everything as well, those are always painful events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors