Simple Shop Mallet with an Inlay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Furjanic

New User
Matt
mallet.jpg

Plans for this mallet submitted by Serge Duclos (not including the inlay), were in the #205 - Feb/Mar issue of Woodsmith magazine.
This one was made from some scrap curly maple and sapele - I added the Federal Period Fan. I think it's an easy project and a nice application for the fan inlay.
Now I don't want to hit anything with it!

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Nice. Looks like a ceremonial mallet for calling the next meeting of the NCWW to order. Or for the sergeant-of-arms to maintain order with. ;)

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Seems we just found the right person to make the next golden mallet award :)

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Nice touch! Maybe I should have put my inlay project onto my crosscut sled. Or my router table...it wouldn't get banged up there :)

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
View attachment 9111

Plans for this mallet submitted by Serge Duclos (not including the inlay), were in the #205 - Feb/Mar issue of Woodsmith magazine.
This one was made from some scrap curly maple and sapele - I added the Federal Period Fan. I think it's an easy project and a nice application for the fan inlay.
Now I don't want to hit anything with it!

I'm glad you posted this, shows you do more than inlay. I learned a lot from your workshop and would like to watch you work anytime.
I like the simple jigs you use to make everything consistent, The micrometer adjustment on the router to make it precise, the way you combine that preciseness with eyeball work when the flow dictates and the way you let the tool make the design as in making the bell flowers. I have done all these things individually but never put it all together.

MagGeorge

New User
George
That's one fancy mallet. Great work on the inlay, it makes a great accent. Like the beautiful wood combo and great finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS