Simple bookshelf

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
This is a simple bookshelf I put together to fit under a window in our living room.

The construction is very simple with a dado'd center shelf. I used BORG maple ply and edged it with ~3/8" red oak. The feet are arched but I put so much overhang on the shelves that it is hard to tell :)
69CG4499.sized.jpg

69CG4495.sized.jpg

http://photos.ganzhorn.org/album743

Thanks for lookin'!

Last edited:

jamie

jamie
Senior User
It looks very nice, I like the overhang on the top & bottom.

May I suggest that you resize the pictures before uploading?

Even on the roadrunner connection the page took a couple of minutes to load ;)

nelsone

New User
Ed
Looks like you did a great job!

I agree about resizing the pics. Anyone with dialup will take forever!

eyekode

New User
Salem
My mistake, I thought the new software was resizing. The sever is sitting under my desk so I didn't notice :). I will change the post.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Nice work. What about finish?

"Danish Oil" with USL clearcoat sprayed with Woodcraft/Rockler's 80$ HVLP system. This was my first attempt at spraying anything. It was interesting. Not much overspray. I did it in my garage and sweeping up afterward I did not notice much dust. Target USL is pretty cool stuff. No bad odor/fumes, drys pretty fast, burns in etc. I tried to rub out the finish but I didn't put enough effort into it. Still looks pretty good and I can always take another swing at rubbing it out :).

These pictures were taken before the clearcoat.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Great job! Love to see pics of the bookshelf once its installed and in action!

I believe the resize and insertion picture size manipulation only applies to photos in the NCWW Photo Gallery. Resize is a individual User Setting, which is more about how you'd see the pic when you read a thread.

Our Photo Gallery stores some different scaled versions of uploaded pics. So, if you used the new Photo Popup method, it will put the Medium sized (~ 5x smaller than original) image in your post.

No reason not to link to external pics, just hoping this clarifies how things round here "work" :)

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS