Status
Not open for further replies.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
gents unfortunately I can not make it, so can someone tell me how to make a donation to the site since I am with drawing at this late moment.
The green donate button on the bottom left of the brown bar at the top of the page, and thank you

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'd like to take a moment and thank Mike Davis for putting on the sharpening workshop today. Your knowledge and patience was wonderful to watch and experience. Hey and the chicken and sausage with rice was great too. Your wife is a lucky woman to find a man who can cook and fix stiff too.:rotflm:
hey and I got to try a worksharp for the first time too. It was a good day, thanks too Bill Clemmons for hosting us you are the best.

bash

New User
bash
I echo Richard's words. Mike was a great & patient teacher, Bill a great host, and I learned something from everybody there. I have already started using this new knowledge - by the end of the weekend there probably won't be a chisel or plane in my shop that hasn't been sharpened.

This is my second NCWW workshop, and both have been awesome. I was a bit intimidated before signing up as I knew very little about sharpening or scroll saws (my other class), but both teachers worked to the level of each student so I will not be hesitant in the future. If anyone else has passed on NCWW classes for a similar reason (don't want to show their ignorance or slow the rest of the class down), I say sign up, attend, and learn.

Last edited:

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
Mike and Bill,

I wasn't even signed up, but did make it for an enjoyable few hours.

Mike was able to knock the corners off my scraper plane blade in less than a minute on his Trend 300 grit diamond plate.

Thanks to both of you!

Last edited:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
A light turnout, but I think everyone left w/ something they didn't have before. Maybe it was knowledge, or a sharp tool, or a tuned up hand plane, or even all the above. Everyone got to try diamond plates, wet stones, sandpaper, grinding, stropping, etc. We even had 3 Worksharps in the shop at once. A couple of pics below, but you can see the rest in this album.

IMG_22241.JPG

IMG_22161.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS