Side Table for LOML

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCraig

New User
Jerry
My wife had been wanting a table to go beside her recliner for several months. The one she had was way too small for the magazines and books she likes to read. Fortunately, Bill Clemmons was kind enough to give me a few pieces of oak back several months ago, so I decided that this was the perfect project for it. (Thanks Bill).

IMAG0165.JPG

View image in gallery

IMAG0167.JPG

View image in gallery
Sorry about the poor quality of the pictures, Cheap camera!! Even the dates wrong. Oh well, guess some image is better than no image

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
so maybe the picture isn't a magazine/book quality picture, but it sure looks like a quality magazine/book stand! Nice job!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice work there, Jerry!:icon_thum:icon_thum

That hardware sure adds to the look.:wsmile:

I have built several of this style for my daughters and they tend to blend with all decors, functional and should last a long while.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

Wayne

JCraig

New User
Jerry
Nicely done, Jerry. But does she like where you first placed it? :wwink:

Oh yeah! There's only place it can go in our den is beside her chair. The rooms been the same for 30 years:gar-Bi Furniture has changed several times, but the arrangement has remained the same.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steve, It is a Gel and the color is called Colonial Oak. Top coat is a satin varnish brushed on.

I agree it looks great and it also looks like it might just be the shade I need to match some kitchen cabinets. Can I ask what brand that Gel Stain was? Really like the finish color. Very rich looking while leaving the natural wood tones.

Thanks - Ken.

JCraig

New User
Jerry
I agree it looks great and it also looks like it might just be the shade I need to match some kitchen cabinets. Can I ask what brand that Gel Stain was? Really like the finish color. Very rich looking while leaving the natural wood tones.

Thanks - Ken.

Ken,

It's Olympic Gel Stain Oil Based Colonial Oak I think it also is in "Water Based" as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors