Shower door clip replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I have a shower with sliding glass doors. The glass panel has a plastic clip attached to it that slides along the bottom track.

clip2.jpg

View image in gallery

As you can see in the pictures, the clip cracked in the bottom left corner. As a result, the clip slips out of the track. Any idea where I can purchase a replacement? It's 2" long, 1 3/8" wide and 1 1/4" tall (approx.).

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
The answer to your question? Simple. Build two entirely new shower doors out of mahogany. Heck, while you're at it, you didn't really like that shower anyway. :nah: Why not go ahead and install a new one out of tile with one of those "rain forest" shower heads and a few additional jets that come out of the walls. Then go find the clips. :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
That clip might be had to find - but I think that one can be repaired. If the portion that is cracked could be a bit thicker than a layer of carbon fiber secured with epoxy resin should do the trick. I have the supplies, if I can have the part for a day it might just work.

phil

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Is that Ferguson place still open on Yonkers Rd in Raleigh? That place, or one that specializes in plumbing parts, may have something like that.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Sterling is one of the largest manufacturers of shower doors.
Thanks for the info Glenn.

The answer to your question? Simple. Build two entirely new shower doors out of mahogany.
I like it! Of course, it could take a while... see below :)

Is that Ferguson place still open on Yonkers Rd in Raleigh? That place, or one that specializes in plumbing parts, may have something like that.
That's a good idea, not sure if they sell to the public though. But worth checking.

That clip might be had to find - but I think that one can be repaired. If the portion that is cracked could be a bit thicker than a layer of carbon fiber secured with epoxy resin should do the trick. I have the supplies, if I can have the part for a day it might just work.
You want it for part of a day? As in a whole half day or something? Considering it's been broken for the past 6 weeks or so, I think I could live with not having it for that long :gar-La; Heck, I could live not having it for a couple of days even! I'm intrigued Phil, I have never had much success repairing plastic, but carbon fiber and epoxy resin sounds very cool :cool:. Let me know when you're ready for this and I'll swing by.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS