Show us your messy shop!

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
A messy shop is a sure sign of fun and progress, so I thought it might be fun to see some others. Here's mine after making a few pieces of custom trim -- not as messy as it sometimes gets.

IMG_3057 2.jpg

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I tend to keep it cleaner now than I used to, I'll stop and scoop my shavings into a big garbage bag or run the dust collector over the floor while I work. I don't let it pile up like this anymore.

7F069356-BD22-44DE-9C47-02B141C66079_1_201_a.jpeg

Most of the time the floor is clean, only when I turn a big bowl the shavings pile up on the floor. Then I stop every couple hours to sweep up. But, I do have a lot of extra wood stacked around the shop that i need to find a better place to store.

C8AD1D7D-65C8-4ACF-90A2-03305F1AE504_1_201_a.jpeg

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
The tree trunk is actually three sections of cherry that stood dead until the sap wood rotted away. Yes, when i get enough strength back in my hand to run a chain saw i will cut blanks and turn bowls.

Last edited:

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Just cleaned mine as it is in the garage and the oil needed to be changed

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
This picture shows the exact operation (shaping saw handles) the the proportions of the high vise design were optimized for.
Yep, and I’m enjoying it a lot. I was glad I could make the workshop. And the white oak is proving to be a great choice for this task. The quarter sawn cherry is perfect for the saw handles.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
A messy shop is a sure sign of fun and progress, so I thought it might be fun to see some others. Here's mine after making a few pieces of custom trim -- not as messy as it sometimes gets.

View attachment 204328
The last time my shop looked that clean was the day BEFORE I moved into it. Always have way too many projects going at one time. Most have nothing to do with woodworking. Sometimes being blessed with many talents is a curse.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I usually have more than one project going at a time. But when painting one happens, it takes more time. I will clean it after the whirlygig is done.
This was the spare room at one time. The big tools are outside.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,017.9 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 88

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
They look better than a curtain in front of the window.
A wooden curtain! Perfect choice for a woodworker. You might be on to something there. You could use them as the blades for a Venetian blind.

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
I was taught that a clean shop is a safe shop so cleaning at the end of the day was required.

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS