Show and tell time

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
It seems that flea market finds are of interest to us woodworkers so here are my two finds from last fall. Did I do ok for $5.00 each. Also wanted to show a progress report on that nightstand. Legs were finished this week, dovetail drawers are next. Hope the pics come through. First time posting them here.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
100_2289.JPG

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Lorraine,

Hope you don't mind, the pic didn't post so I put it up for view. Very nice work. Can't wait to see the fininshed product.

MIke

sapwood

New User
Roger
Lorraine, that's great! And thanks to mshel, for the assist :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see the finished project,
Sapwood

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Thank you Mike, now would you mind moving the pics of the two planers that I purchased at a local flea market? Thanks again for moving the pic.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Lorraine.

That is pure artwork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The legs and dentil work are awesome. :eusa_whis :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

I am very, very , very impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are the drawers close to completion?

Can't wait for the finished product!

Excellent pictures showing progress too.

It is my hope that someday I may be able to do so well! Thanks again for the pictures (for inspiration).

Wayne

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Thank you for the compliment Wayne. The drawers are cut to size and the dovetail is set up and ready to go. Had the first lesson on how to use it this week.
I have a teacher who has helped me greatly and I have Norm Abram's books. Couldn't have done this chest without the teacher's help and lots of help from reading books and asking for advice from North Carolina Woodworkers. Give credit where credit is due.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dang Lorraine, that chest is gonna be a beauty. And you did very well with the 2 planes that you got for 8-O $5 8-O You might want to post them in the handtools forum and see what the experts have to say. Great job on both!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

b4man

New User
Barbara
Lorraine, That is very impressive! I wish I lived near you!! Keep it up and please keep the photo's coming.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Thanks for all the kind words. I will admit I had help with the legs but aren't they beautiful? In answering the above questions, the entire cabinet is sold wood. The runners are pine, the braces for the feet are pine but the rest, including the sides are solid walnut. The drawers will have walnut fronts, cherry sides, and poplar for the backs. The nightstand came as a result of the lingerie chest I made from a plan. I just changed the sizes went from there. I added the extra runner for support in the middle which wasn't on the lingerie chest. The lingerie chest was solid walnut with the runners and drawer bottoms and back also in walnut. It is my second piece of furniture and I get so excited I find myself going to the shop just to look at it. Thanks again for looking and for the kind words. More pics to come as I get to the drawers.:eusa_danc

M

McRabbet

So that huge, upside down arch I saw in the eastern sky last night was your big broad smile reflecting of Lake Gaston all the way out here to the western mountains -- You deserve to smile big time for your accomplishments with this project. A very pretty piece of furniture you will cherish for years!

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Lorraine.............that is simply awesome.:eusa_clap The legs and molding really set it off. I look forward to seeing your DT'd drawers. Keep up the good work.:icon_thum

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors