Shout out to Klingspor's

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnW

New User
John
Since I live a couple miles from the local Woodcraft, most of my ww shopping is done there. But last week I HAD TO HAVE a few things to finish up some Christmas present projects and my local store was out of stock. So I drove across town and stopped in Klingspor's.

What a nice experience. Very friendly and expert advice, everything I needed was in stock, the prices were better, and for icing on the cake, I automatically got a 10% disc at the register just for hanging around you folks here on the web.
(I knew you were good for something) :gar-La;

Klingspor's in Charlotte is a good place to shop.:icon_thum

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I have never been to the Charlotte store, but have been to Hickory and Winston. Their service is always good when I have been there.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
they been real good to me!:gar-Bi just wish they didnt have so much shtuff!:nah: I like the raliegh store. havent been to the others.:eusa_clap

Glennbear

Glenn
:cry_smile You folks make me jealous!! Woodcraft and Klingspor both entail a 75 mile journey for me and Lowe's is 40 miles. The only thing available locally is a fairly small and pretty poorly managed Home Depot :nah:. Ergo, this past week when I needed to replace a router, shop air filter, and router bits I had a steady stream of brown trucks and white trucks coming down my driveway :rotflm: I LIKE free shipping deals !!!!! :gar-La;

M

McRabbet

You guys haven't lived right until you've visited all four Klingspor stores like I have! I've also been to the Woodcraft stores in Raleigh (old one), Greensboro, Charlotte (Matthews) and Greenville, SC.

Badabing

New User
Joe
I haven't been to a Woodcraft or Klingspor store outside of Charlotte yet :no: But I love the one's in Charlotte! I always stop and talk to Robin at Woodcraft and Jim at Klingspor. It's always a treat to visit either place and I still can't decide which is my favorite. I actually try to split my purchases between them just to be fair :wink_smil

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I am probably a bit cynical, but I think it helps that Raleigh has two real ww'ing stores and is big enough to keep them in business but still small enough that neither of them can afford to alienate customers. I am in each store maybe 5 times a year; not often enough for anyone to know my name or consider me a regular yet I am treated like one. They leave me alone if I am browsing or just chat (not pushing products). If I need help, I have never waited very long either place. At Klingspor's not long ago, I was looking for a single rotary bit and the fellow working up front directed me to them and then started showing someone else some big iron and it was obvious the other customer was pretty serious. When I picked a bit and turned to walk to the register, I hadn't taken two steps before the salesperson excused himself from the potential big sale to ask me if I found what I needed and then went to the register to sell me my $12 bit (with a discount, of course :) ).

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
:cry_smile You folks make me jealous!! Woodcraft and Klingspor both entail a 75 mile journey for me and Lowe's is 40 miles. The only thing available locally is a fairly small and pretty poorly managed Home Depot :nah:. Ergo, this past week when I needed to replace a router, shop air filter, and router bits I had a steady stream of brown trucks and white trucks coming down my driveway :rotflm: I LIKE free shipping deals !!!!! :gar-La;

Glenn, I know that there is a WC in Richmond. Not sure if that would be closer then driving to Raleigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS