Shop Tour LONG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

New User
jay
:err: 8-O8-O8-O8-O8-O8-O8-O8-O

Holy smoking band saw Batman! That's some serious equipment! Nice looking shop and doors.

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin
Jay has a very nice shop... I've seen it in person.

I bought his old shaper/powerfeeder set and drum sander from him when he was upgrading. The man takes good care of his tools.

It's a basement and a garage so to speak. It's in the basement, but is a "walkout" style with garage doors opening right up to the driveway for easy access. The best of both worlds.

Jay, I remember that you had a bought a felder shaper. What happened to make you switch to the Powermatic?

Welcome, Jay.

-Kevin

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Love the toyls!

Do you have 3 phase power or a phase converter or did you get everything single phase?

Do you like one of your shapers better than the other, if so why?

How do you like the Kreg pocket hole machine? I have been thinking about one of those myself for quite a while as I do a good amount of pocket holes and the aluminum Kreg jig I have does good, just is a bit slow to me.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I do commercial construction & we've swithced our painters over to water based polys for the doors, etc. When you're often working in a paritally occupied office bldg. you can't be too careful. We'd go with PF Doors if we could but most customers want something a little more 'custom'.

Jay Brewer

New User
Jay
Jay has a very nice shop... I've seen it in person.

I bought his old shaper/powerfeeder set and drum sander from him when he was upgrading. The man takes good care of his tools.

It's a basement and a garage so to speak. It's in the basement, but is a "walkout" style with garage doors opening right up to the driveway for easy access. The best of both worlds.

Jay, I remember that you had a bought a felder shaper. What happened to make you switch to the Powermatic?

Welcome, Jay.

-Kevin

Hi Kevin, nice to hear from you again. I have been looking for a second shaper for a while, just happened to stuble across a good deal on the Powermatic. I still like the Felder, but for the money difference, I am very impressed with the Powermatic. I wish I still had the Shop Fox I sold you for a dedicated edge profiler, want to sell it back:), take care

Jay Brewer

New User
Jay
Love the toyls!

Do you have 3 phase power or a phase converter or did you get everything single phase?

Do you like one of your shapers better than the other, if so why?

How do you like the Kreg pocket hole machine? I have been thinking about one of those myself for quite a while as I do a good amount of pocket holes and the aluminum Kreg jig I have does good, just is a bit slow to me.

Thanks Travis, everything I have bought so far is single phase. It might would have been better to start out with 3 phase and a converter. With each machinery purchase, I always thought it would be the last, so I kept buying single phase. The Felder shaper is 3 phase but has a VFD built in which also offers variable speed. The wide belt is the only tool that might be a little under powered, I might should have sprung for 15 hp 3 phase instead of 10 hp 1 phase.

The Felder shaper is a nicer unit, easy change spindles, power raise and variable speed, but at 3 times the price of the powermatic. If I had the room I would rather have 3 of the powermatics:BangHead:

I really like the Kreg machine. This new one replaced a Kreg Foreman that was a good machine also, the new one is just a lot faster and electric. Not as much strain on my smallish compressor. Thanks

TBone

Tommy
Senior User
jaw.gif

Still awake? I'm still trying to get the drool off of my laptop. Hokey Smokes...........I'll be awake tonight about midnight still thinking about that equipment.

VERY nice shop and excellent work on the kitchen.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
With the _possible_ exception of the picture of the cabinet in the spray room, each one of those photo's is worth a "wow". Combined - I'm suffering from shopagoraphobia!

("Where is the shaper?". "Well, take a left at the table saw, go down the aisle until you hit the Kreg machine, then turn right. Go past the drum sander, around the planer, and you'll see it on your left. Bring food and water for the trip")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS