Shop started finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Morgan

Ray
Corporate Member
Starting 1.5 years ago my build began, clearing and road building on steep ground has its challenges. Hitting bed rock in the footers and basement floor caused modifications with elevations. Concrete and laying block is not my forte so contracted this out. 9 steps in the footer increased the cubic yards of concrete that had to be pumped. The mason has to carry the block around the site in wheel barrow or by hand. Thru all this the contractors have been wonderful. Yeah it slows progress but the build is looking great.
The shop is 52 x 28 with a 18 x 52 basement and the crawl space is 5 ft high. The dust collection system will be below floor. I will update progress along the way. Ray

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    606.4 KB · Views: 134

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Nice! BIG shop. With a basement and crawl space. Sounds like lots of oppurtunity for out-of-site storage.

I lived on a steep hill in NH before we moved down here a few years ago. Never again. :no:

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Is this going to be a multi-level shop, with access to both levels from the outside? I remember seeing pictures of Garrett Hack's shop which was a two story and looked really sharp.

Roy G

Ray Morgan

Ray
Corporate Member
To answer Roy's question yes it is two level with access outside to both levels but the lower level is primarily storage. My plans are for the dust collection and air compressor to be housed below and the workshop to be upstairs. The shop level is just above ground level. The shop walls will be 10 ft with a coffer ceiling giving me a 12 ft high clearance over the table saw workstation. I hate hitting the ceiling/lights while swinging 8 ft panels onto the saw.

Ray Morgan

Ray
Corporate Member
What a week. Making good progress though. The challenge of building on a steep slope has driven cost higher than expected. 80 tons of 3/4 washed stone for fill under the basement floor and 24 yards of concrete in footers,floor and filling parts of the wall were surprises to the bank account. Thank god for the front end loader.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS