Shop Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Just thought that I would share some projects that I tackled.
These were done during our cool weather recently.

First off is a drill Press table. I was inspired to complete this by seeing and using Joe Scarle's.

I made the table so that it is still functional as far as raising and lowering.
I had to put in a false front to hide the orginal table and such. Then I added a nice drawer underneath.

The second project was to make a man's router table.
I wanted plenty of flat surface and an easily moved fence. Everything to make this table was in the shop.
I had purchased the bench dog router plate almost a year ago.
I guess it was about time that I did something with it.

Still need to complete the drawers for it.

Thanks for looking

Rob

New User
Rob
Love that drill press table, especially the drawer to store drill bits in. Did you build it from plans?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow, great looking drill press table and router table. Not only functional but very nicely built :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Are you going to make real drawers, or just a pullout shelf (for router bits) with false front?

Looks like you cut that piece of T-track too short though :)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice work, MAC!!!!:wsmile:

What are you using for the fence on yout RT? Looks like somekind of extruded aluminum?

Sure looks very functional!

Wayne

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Nope no plans, straight from the ole noggin.:icon_scra

Bas - the track is what I had laying around the shop. I created the top to the size that I wanted, then I remembered that I had that piece and decided that it would work fine.
Sorry that it wasn't up to your spec's:slap:, :rotflm:. It's all good, it's functional .
As far as the drawers go I'm not quite sure yet, but knowing me I will probably do full drawers with a router bit insert in them.

Wayne The fence is a fence that has t slots in it. Came off of my old router table. I can easily add finger boards, stops or whatever else.
and it is adjustable to different openings.

RandyJ

New User
Randy
Nice job, John. I like 'em both! I need to get motivated...you're makin' me look bad (AGAIN).

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Those are two great projects. I really like that drill press table! Good job. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
:icon_thum John. Both are great, though I seldom see much use for drawers. I have well-organized clutter. :slap:

ChuckC

New User
Chuck
Mac you left out a project! Somehow, while working on your shop projects you found the time to help out with mine...installing a dust collection system. You did an awesome job on all 3!! :notworthy::eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Chuck how did you make out on finishing that DC system up.? Working as you planned I hope?

ChuckC

New User
Chuck
It works a wholle lot better than I do!! I'm actually starting to scare myself...Evidently I'm so easily entertained I find myself running boards through various machines just to watch sawdust disappear out the back wall...sad!:no::rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS