Shop Progress Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Today Travis Porter, his friend Tommy and Woodworker2000 came by to help me build a partition in my garage for my shop. Travis also was kind enough to bring his portable compressor and framing nailer.

We built the wall in two sections. The overall dimensions are 10' tall by 22.5' long. We did the framing, the door cut out and the opening for an AC unit. We also attached plywood to the shop side of the wall. When I finish that I will have all the electrical done, then insulate the all and then have the outside of the wall sheetrocked and mudded.

I intend to panel the entire inside of the shop and insulate the garage door.

Here are some pictures of todays work.

Thanks Travis, Tommy and Woodworker2000:eusa_clap

Attachments

• shop1.jpg
    shop1.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 229
  • shop2.jpg
    shop2.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 229
M

McRabbet

Re: More Pics

So long garage, hello SHOP! Great job, guys -- Another good deed done by NCWoodworkers helping one another!

Rob

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Great job guys! Looks great!

Especially like seeing those Systainers in there. I've got a few in my shop too.

Mark

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Doorway

Travis:

I decided to use the sawzall to cut away most of the doorway. I will use the router tomorrow, time and LOML allowing. This way I don't have the bulk of the material in the way and can better guide the router. I also added more cross pieces. I will add the last king stud tomorrow as well.

Thanks again for everything. Hopefully I can pay it forward.

Doug

Travis

New User
Travis
Doug,

You do not have to bother with the router. If you are going to put a door up the casing will morer than cover the sawed edge. Unless of course you like making saw dust which is always fun. :eusa_danc

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Great job guys:icon_thum What a great bunch we have on this site:eusa_danc :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

J

jeff...

What's even cooler is the awesome folks we have on this site, always willing to lean a helping hand. I second Nick
Great job guys:icon_thum What a great bunch we have on this site:eusa_danc :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Further Progress

I put up the rest of the plywood paneling today and added the missing king stud. It all went quickly thanks to Travis's framing nailer. Travis when I return it I will bring a box of nails to replace what I have used.

I hope to route the doorway and AC opening tonight.

Next...the electrical. I have to call me electrician friend and see when he can get together. He thinks we can do it quickly. ( I Hope he's right :eusa_pray ).

After that its time to panel the other walls, and insulate the partition.

I plan on setting up the shop even before the garage side of the wall is mudded.

Once again thanks to everyone.:icon_thum

Doug

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Re-ordering the work

Well, my fiend Mike the electrician and I are haveing a tough time find a time when we are both available. It lloks like the first weekend in DECEMBER may be the soonest we can get together.

I cant stand the idle time, so I had a thought, why don't I cut all the paneling for the two other walls (fitting them around the windows, electrical boxes, etc. That way once we open up the walls and install the wiring all I have to do is cut out the outlet openings in the panels, nail them in and ta da! Instant shop. What do you think?

I also thought I would insulate the garage door now as that will not interfere with the electrical work.

Doug

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
That sounds like a good idea. It will keep you occupied and when the wiring is complete you will be ready to finish and start working in your shop.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Here are some pics of my clamp rack and the mess of a shop as it is now.

Attachments

• Clamps1.JPG
    Clamps1.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 196
  • Clamps2.JPG
    Clamps2.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 192
  • Garage1.JPG
    Garage1.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 416
  • Garage2.JPG
    Garage2.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 184

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Electircity goes in Saturday!!!!

My electrician friend and I went to the BORG yesterday and picked up the supplies for saturday's electrical work! I am stoked!! Wonder what it will be like to have good lighting and readily available outlets? Also I get to finish the shop which will free up lots of space presently taken up by the supplies.

Is it saturday yet?!!:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors